Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Request: Ras Maska in Koura

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaan View Post
    Well I just came back recently from Lebanon and I did make sure to go to Koura.

Ras Maska is pretty much the first village after Chekka, and right before Tripoli.

The lower part is mostly Christian, and the top part is mostly Sunni. I did speak to some people who knew my relatives, a lot of Ras Maska now lives in Australia. This is also where most of my relatives live from that side. It was a nice place and not so far from Florida Beach. After this we went and drove around Koura, the best part being Salem's Ice Cream in Kousba (Ashta).

Here are a few pictures:

Attachment 1616Attachment 1617Attachment 1618Attachment 1619Attachment 1620Attachment 1621

Hahaha this Wiam Wahhab picture is so hilarious Unbelievable!
    "You have evolved from worm to man, but much
    within you is still worm. Once you were apes, yet even now man is more

of an ape than any of the apes"- Nietzche

2. Thanks Kanaan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kanaan, you visited Koura? Why didnt you mention it before? We could have met.
    Je défendrai mes opinions jusqu'à ma mort, mais je donnerai ma vie pour que vous puissiez défendre les vôtres.

4. Thanks Kanaan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would like to echo CCs feelings he didn't even visit my village and he drove past it!
    ok i wasn't there at all, but that does not invalidate my point

6. Thanks Kanaan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clear Conscience View Post
    Kanaan, you visited Koura? Why didnt you mention it before? We could have met.
    Thanks. I never did know you lived in Lebanon to begin with. I remember you speaking of being in Canada and talking about Amir and Adonis being rich the only rich folks, but if I do visit again it would be my pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by shreek View Post
    i would like to echo CCs feelings he didn't even visit my village and he drove past it!
    ok i wasn't there at all, but that does not invalidate my point
    You know, I didn't really plan this trip. I wanted to go to Lebanon for a long time since the last time I was there (2007) but I pretty much just bought my ticket in the drop of a hat. As for Koura, I went there for less then a day. I have been to your village But not this trip! For sure next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaan View Post
    You know, I didn't really plan this trip. I wanted to go to Lebanon for a long time since the last time I was there (2007) but I pretty much just bought my ticket in the drop of a hat. As for Koura, I went there for less then a day. I have been to your village But not this trip! For sure next time.
    kanaan unplanned trips are the best.
    if you do visit my village again don't be surprised like i was.
    I went once after a long time, i drove up, huge Antoine Zahra portrait on Bayt Ouwatt on the right, then bayt Kataeb on the left, then i see Aoun's pic on FPM building all painted Orange on the right, and then i see Marada flag on some building.
    I thought to myself, my goodness, there must be 100,000 people in the village with this many parties lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shreek View Post
    kanaan unplanned trips are the best.
    if you do visit my village again don't be surprised like i was.
    I went once after a long time, i drove up, huge Antoine Zahra portrait on Bayt Ouwatt on the right, then bayt Kataeb on the left, then i see Aoun's pic on FPM building all painted Orange on the right, and then i see Marada flag on some building.
    I thought to myself, my goodness, there must be 100,000 people in the village with this many parties lol.
    I seen the same thing in Amioun. SSNP, Lebanese Forces, Kataeb, and some Aoun photos.

I agree unplanned trips are usually the best, but I made a bad choice in renting a furnished apartment. I paid in advance and was not happy.

Oh well, learn for next time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kanaan, I left Montreal and returned to enjoy the company of my parents after being deprived of them for more than 10 years. lol
    I am trying to compensate the lost time without them.
    Je défendrai mes opinions jusqu'à ma mort, mais je donnerai ma vie pour que vous puissiez défendre les vôtres.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clear Conscience View Post
    Kanaan, I left Montreal and returned to enjoy the company of my parents after being deprived of them for more than 10 years. lol
    I am trying to compensate the lost time without them.
    well you won't be envying the cold weather. i hope i can return to lebanon within a year, i really want to hike the lebanon trail.

it is always good for some people, you can leave canada if you want, rather then want to leave to canada when you can't.