User Tag List

Thread: Brazil cruise into quarterfinal meeting with the Netherlands

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Brazil cruise into quarterfinal meeting with the Netherlands

(CNN) -- Brazil turned on the style to defeat their South American rivals Chile 3-0 on Monday and set up a World Cup quarterfinal against the Netherlands.
    The five-time world champions, who showed little of their usual dazzling play during the group phase, sent an ominous warning to their rivals as they comprehensively outplayed Chile in Johannesburg, with Juan, Luis Fabiano and Robinho all on target.
    "We have to improve in all sectors of our play, but it was a nice game against Chile," Brazil coach Dunga told AFP.
    "We have already said we are trying to play the open football which everyone wants to see. The players did well and we got forward a lot.

Brazil, who welcomed playmaker Kaka back from a one-match ban, took the lead after 34 minutes from a straightforward corner routine.

Right-back Maicon crossed for central defender Juan, who rose above the Chilean defense to power his header into the net.
    Brazil's second goal, four minutes later, was more characteristically Brazilian in its style and execution.
    Robinho carried the ball down the left flank before squaring to Kaka, who cushioned a pass into the path of Luis Fabiano, who rounded the goalkeeper and scored.
    The third goal, after 60 minutes, stemmed from a swift counter-attack, with Ramires charging down the center with the ball and passing to Robinho, who curled his finish around the goalkeeper.
    Chile, who reached the semifinals on home soil in 1962, struggled to break down a well-drilled Brazilian back line and were restricted to half chances for Humberto Suazo and Jorge Valdivia.
    Robinho came close to adding a fourth when he was released down the right, but his low shot was tipped around the post by goalkeeper Claudio Bravo.
    The victory was Brazil's eighth in a row over Chile, who became the first South American side to go out of the tournament.
    Brazil will play the Netherlands in the quarterfinals in Port Elizabeth on Friday, July 2.
    "We know the Netherlands are a very difficult team to beat and they are very able technically, they play their football like South Americans," said Dunga.
    Meanwhile, the president of the French Football Federation Jean-Pierre Escalettes said he will resign following the country's disastrous World Cup showing.
    France, the 1998 winners and 2006 runners-up, were eliminated in the group stage after collecting just just one point and scoring one goal in a campaign marred by infighting.
    "After a weekend of reflection during which I consulted my elected colleagues and those close to me, I have decided that I must resign," Escalettes said in a statement on the federation website.
    "You have evolved from worm to man, but much
    within you is still worm. Once you were apes, yet even now man is more

of an ape than any of the apes"- Nietzche

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way i see it , Everything is going smooth for the Brazilian team except ..... Dounga .. He was the best defender in the world in my opinion .. Whenever he used to play i would be assured the Goal will stay clean thanks to his steel defense and cool nerves . But it seems , as a coach , he cannot show those attitude and i think it's an important factor to have steel nerves in critical games , Either for the players or for his concentration on successful strategies , especially in the upcoming heavy games ...

Hope i'm wrong and the morals of the players won't be affected ...
    إن الأبطال يموتون ولا يستسلمون...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vampire View Post

The way i see it , Everything is going smooth for the Brazilian team except ..... Dounga .. He was the best defender in the world in my opinion .. Whenever he used to play i would be assured the Goal will stay clean thanks to his steel defense and cool nerves . But it seems , as a coach , he cannot show those attitude and i think it's an important factor to have steel nerves in critical games , Either for the players or for his concentration on successful strategies , especially in the upcoming heavy games ...

Hope i'm wrong and the morals of the players won't be affected ...
    The real test will be against Netherlands , ya betsibo ya bet rouho !!
    and i expect the 2nd choice ;-)
    " ??"

4. Thanks vampire thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzy View Post
    The real test will be against Netherlands , ya betsibo ya bet rouho !!
    and i expect the 2nd choice ;-)
    Bronzy Bro , Take my word on that : The only team in this Cup who can defeat Brazil is Argentina , Unless some referee won't see a 100% Goal in Germany

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vampire View Post
    Bronzy Bro , Take my word on that : The only team in this Cup who can defeat Brazil is Argentina , Unless some referee won't see a 100% Goal in Germany

mni7a Vamp
    latche khafife ndife !
    "Unless some referee won't see a 100% Goal in Germany "
    " ??"

7. Thanks vampire thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brazil will absolutely win over Netherlands because Netherlands is very weak. I believe that Brazil will make it to the finals!
    "You have evolved from worm to man, but much
    within you is still worm. Once you were apes, yet even now man is more

of an ape than any of the apes"- Nietzche

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry but holland has been the
    Most predictable boring team in this stage.

Same player scoring the same way, same team moves...

I hate brazil but I want them to knock them out this year...
    LF 4 LIFE

10. Thanks SONYAh! thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best gift in the world :

? ? ? ?
    ?? ? ? ?? ? ?? ? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ? ??.
    ? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ? ??.
    ? ? ? ?? ?? ? ?? : ?? ?? ?? ?? . ?? ?? ? ?? ? ? ? ?? ?? ? ?? ? -?? ?? ??.
    ? ? ? ?? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ?? ? ?.

? ?? ? ? ?? ?? .. ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?.
    ?? ? ? ? ?? ? .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?? ?? ?? ? ?

? ? ? ?? ? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ?? ? ?? ? ? ? .2010
    ?? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ?? 11 ? .
    ?? ? ?? ? ?? ? 1998 ?? ? ? ?? 1-1 ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ? -3? ? ?? 1994 ?? ? ? 3-2 ?? ?? ?? ? ?.

? ? ?? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ?? ( ?? ? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ?? ).
    ?? ( ?? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ??).
    ?? (? ?? ? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ??).
    ?? (? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ?? ? ?? ?? ).
    ? ? ?? ? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ?? ? ? ? ?? ?? ? . ? ? ?? ? ??.
    ?? ?? ?? ?? ( ?? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ?? ??. ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ??).
    ? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?. ?? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ? ??.
    ?? ? ? ? ?? ?? ? ?? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ?.
    ? ? ?? ? ?? ?? ? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ? 2006 ? ?? 2008? ? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ? (2-1)? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? (2-1) ? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?.
    ?? ?? ? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ? ? 1974 ?1978? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ?? ? ?? ? (1971 ?1972 ?1973) ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ? .