Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where are you from in Lebanon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hicham saade View Post
    OK let's move back to the north and if you're ever in the Batroun area stop by Chabtine. That where I'm from
    lak lak chabtine.......wle kina nitda7ak 3alaykon inno aheli chabtine boukhala.....
    hala2 ma32ouli 3endkon 3-4 mata3em?? lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandra77 View Post
    hardin and el mina tripoli
    sandra hardine is my second village. I have visited several times.
    i know the assafs there and the barakat families (they're all in Australia)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You kidding me....
    We might have run into each other many times in punchbowl train station!!!!!
    My uncles live there and I was staying in Kogarah from 2004 to 2009 and worked in the city....
    Now I am in Beirut staying here for good, hopefully!!!!!!!

Who is your uncle's wife
    were you born and raised in Australia?
    why and how did you decide to live in Lebanon??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My father & mom were both born,bred,lived,still living in Zahle,and that makes a ZEHLEWI I guess ?

My family name takes after a band of Monks and we have a church named after our last name.My father's ancesters,as the story and few books say,descend from Italy around 500 years ago and were sent as christian dispatches to spread Christianity in the East.We have far relatives still living in Ma3loula ( Syria ) and some say we have Egyptians relatives but those come to be Muslims.I never bothered to check if these info are accurate but the since our last name is taken from a band of monks,and which also sounds typical italian,I dunnow might have been Italian somewhere in the ancient history.

My mother is Turkish*,Syriac-orthodox to be specific.She descends from a village called Benebil next to Mardin.They were kicked out of Turkey during the famous massacre in 1915 which killed around 300,000 Syriacs.We still have relatives in Turkey ( most of the cities ).

My grandma ( father's side ) is Maronite from Chlifa-Deir El Ahmar ; one of the bishops on that area was her cousin.

careless about all these info from the past,I consider myself lucky to be born in Zahle which is the reason why I became aware of the Christian casuse and all its roots,dimensions etc..Zahle taught me to take my belonging to the Christian community seriously and its a perfect medium for the spirit of the resistance.April 2,1981 is engraved in my soul and mind,it shaped my life and my thinking.
    ?? ? ?? ? ?? -

5. Thanks lebanese1984, lfdelta thanked for this post