User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: The Forum Rules

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    172

    Default

    The ability to make sarcasm differs from one member to another. If I have this ability, I am exploiting it to stoke aggressive replies from aggressive members. The stoker of insults bear a responsibility and the insulters too are responsible for smearing the forum.
    Dionysos, I want to be frank here, in your aggressive debate with LFers, I was sympathizing with LFers, since I dont look back at the past and I want to see the future with LF and also because I didnt read their violent posts,but your reply on TP concerning those asking for revenge, those spewing hatred and inciting violence, those bragging about a power from time immemorial, those recalling something of yore, made me feel that you are right. What I disagree with you about is that sarcasm and direct swearing belongs to different categories but the two of them can give similar results, which are gross insensitivity, insolence and contemptuous rudeness.

    It is hard to make rules against sarcasm, it is easy to make rules against direct swearing but in the end sarcasm can be responsible for insultive posts.
    Last edited by Clear Conscience; 09-10-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    Je défendrai mes opinions jusqu'à ma mort, mais je donnerai ma vie pour que vous puissiez défendre les vôtres.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voila! View Post
    Just keep refilling my glass with Pinot Noir and you will be fine
    Keeping the wine flowing just might have the opposite effect and makes my note even more compelling!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,147
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    70

    Default

    Rules or not, if some are being disrespectful, w/ or w/o profanities, they will be answered harshly and above all disrespectfully whatever the consequences are. My opinion
    Last edited by Charbel; 09-10-2009 at 06:56 PM.
    ?? ?? ??
    ?? ? ?
    ?? ? ?
    ??

  4. Thanks B2a3kafra, vampire thanked for this post
  5. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    318

    Default

    A good moderating is when we know who's engaging for discussion to find solutions and make a point and who's trying to score points and make himself Tawoos .. If such Tawoousses are left for free , Welcome waja3 rass ...
    ? ? ?? ?? ....

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charbel View Post
    Rules or not, if some are being disrespectful, w/ or w/o profanities, they will be answered harshly and above all disrespectfully whatever the consequences are. My opinion
    Define disrespectful?

    You are simplying things way too much Boulie and you know it!

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clear Conscience View Post
    The ability to make sarcasm differs from one member to another. If I have this ability, I am exploiting it to stoke aggressive replies from aggressive members. The stoker of insults bear a responsibility and the insulters too are responsible for smearing the forum.
    Dionysos, I want to be frank here, in your aggressive debate with LFers, I was sympathizing with LFers, since I forgot the past and I want to see the future with LF, but your reply on TP concerning those asking for revenge, those spewing hatred and inciting violence, those bragging about a power from time immemorial, made me feel that you are right. What I disagree with you about is that sarcasm and direct swearing belongs to different categories but the two of them can give similar results, which are gross insensitivity, insolence and contemptuous rudeness.

    It is hard to make rules against sarcasm, it is easy to make rules against direct swearing but in the end sarcasm can be resonsible for insultive posts.
    Stick around long enough and you might form an understanding of why I say what I say when I say it and in the form I say it.

    I will not disagree with you; my posts are insolent, insensitive, rude, and contemptuous - exactly as I intend them to be. However, if you look more closely, you'll see that the targets of my ridicule are almost never the people I address; but their ideas, beliefs, prejudices, misconceptions, and convictions. Unfortunately, most people cannot make this distinction between themselves and their ideas and interpret an attack against the latter as an attack against their person.

    When your aim is not to convince someone but to discredit a thought/belief they hold; sarcasm is the weapon of choice. I do not seek to convince people and have long abandoned the idea that beliefs can be changed via rational argumentation.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    1,497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
    Stick around long enough and you might form an understanding of why I say what I say when I say it and in the form I say it.

    I will not disagree with you; my posts are insolent, insensitive, rude, and contemptuous - exactly as I intend them to be. However, if you look more closely, you'll see that the targets of my ridicule are almost never the people I address; but their ideas, beliefs, prejudices, misconceptions, and convictions. Unfortunately, most people cannot make this distinction between themselves and their ideas and interpret an attack against the latter as an attack against their person.

    When your aim is not to convince someone but to discredit a thought/belief they hold; sarcasm is the weapon of choice. I do not seek to convince people and have long abandoned the idea that beliefs can be changed via rational argumentation.
    Weird, whenever there is a chance to score some points, you and covergence never fail to pop out of nowhere


    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.

    † In Hoc Signo Vinces †

    "If God be for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31


    Veni vidi, Deus Vicit

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    2,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    94

    Default

    Dionysos,

    I have made it my policy not to respond to you. You are new to this site, so most people do not know you yet, most are not aware of your nasty and dirty tricks, those tricks that you use when we criticize your ideological base. So it was and still is very common for you to use filthy language absolutely not commensurate with any thread at hand, all with the sole objective of derailing, obliterating and stopping the thread altogether. Your approach is similar to Hitler's blitzkriegs, fast, aweful and invasive to the point where the person you are targeting forgets the thread's topic and feels compelled to focus on your gutter level attacks.

    In that Forum known as the Lebanese Forces forum, where Cedars or Michel Najem acts as main moderator, yes, people like me have been banned several times due to people like you. Yes, I am not very attuned to Michel but I also understand that the job of a moderator, especially when people like you keep to such dirty tricks, is not an easy task, so I'll give him the credits for still running that forum, and despite the presence of people like you in his forum.

    People like me did not leave his forum because of the reasons you want to deceive the reading public of this forum with as again you are blatantly lying in broad daylight, we have left because there was no dignity left to his forum and I'll be honest about it, because of people like you. Actually you do know that more than half left the LF forum and have joined this one instead. Can you tell us how bland and colorless the LF forum has been since? Cedars should decorate you with his best medals and that's for sure, you've earned his keep.

    Sure, the LF members have to retaliate, especially when people like you with the wrong attitude want to lie and deceive, so the issue is not as simple as you want to portray here. This forum has kept to a very civilized level so far and that's not only because rules exist but because its members and despite their divergences, at times extreme ones, have kept the decorum. I need not go further that very recent thread on the Ein El Remmaneh attacks which led to Bigwinman's obligation to close it. This has rarely happened here at Sawte, but of course when one sees your footprints then one would understand why such decisions need to be taken by mods.

    In this thread alone, you have forced the hand of people that are renowned to be very moderate, to respond to you in an aggressive mode, thus prompting the mod to intervene perhaps more times in this one thread than the entire existence of Sawte itself.

    I have warned the Mods about you only yesterday, about your sorry attitude that leaves so much to be desired, I have warned how someone like you could turn a civilized place into a jungle, so yes, if you are allowed your dirty ways, then Sawte too will go down the drain and those good people will have no choice but leave and leave the field open to you and your likes. I am also aware of the correspondence that goes between you and some people you know so well, thus your entry into Sawte is not by sheer coincidence, to assure the readership of Sawte.

    One would have hoped that with time you perhaps would have refrained from your old ways, as absolutely dirty, filthy, cowardly and cold calculating ways as they are, as far as I am concerned, you are the furthest thing from civility that may exist, your very presence in this forum amongst civilized people is reason enough to cut many's appetite into fruitful dialogue, as far as I know, you are acid to to skin.

    Anyway, this forum is not mine neither is it yours, in contrast to the LF forum, here the mods are up to the task and hopefully will not be influenced by your lack of ethics. Again, as far as I am concerned, I will keep taking the advice of so many of many of my fellow "forumites", everyone keeps telling me to ignore you, they too know you so well.

    So I will ignore you, but then rest assured, that my temperament has not died down. From now on it's all up to you, behave like a normal civilized human being and the ride here will remain smooth for everyone, behave like a thug as you've always done in your own cowardly ways and well, people like me will simply write to the mods and inform them of our leaving this forum. I am hoping that here you will not find refuge under any mod's skirts or pants, but few nowadays are willing to follow you into gutter ventures.

    The choice I suppose is yours now, engage us whilst observing the rules of this forum plus observing the ethics of civilized societies otherwise you may once again find yourself talking to no one but yourself.



    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
    Political conviction? There was a kid spewing hate speech against an entire sect and inciting for violence. He had to be put in his place. Taking a stand against hate speech and incitement to murder has nothing to do with political convictions; at least, not in my book.



    Your buddies insulted, belittled, derogated, and angered no one other than themselves; I just provided them with a little helping hand.



    People like you have left the forum because they couldn't stand the fact that cedars would give space to people like me to voice their opinions. In fact, the kind of behavior that zehlewi, charbel, and those who congratulated them displayed here would have been the fate of the other forum had you had your way. Fortunately enough, you did not have your way; even better, you left!!



    We have a different opinion of what constitutes "decent members". In my book, decent members do not engage in hate speech, do not incite to violence and murder, and do not spew profanities right and left.



    blablabla
    Last edited by The Phoenix; 09-10-2009 at 08:25 PM.
    Min Ba3d Bachir, Ma 3ande Kbir.


    "We've been attacked for being Christians, but we fought as Lebanese"
    Bachir Gemayel.

  10. Thanks Samaritan, Mr Mister, nora, Tabouk, B2a3kafra thanked for this post
  11. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    WOW Dionysos is so popular LOL

  12. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    1,497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voila! View Post
    WOW Dionysos is so popular LOL
    baddo kharze zar2a!


    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.

    † In Hoc Signo Vinces †

    "If God be for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31


    Veni vidi, Deus Vicit

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •