User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forum Rules

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Lebanese forum that has more laws/rules than Lebanon it's self, here we go again

2. Thanks vampire thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
    I would suggest this rule be removed. This is way too general and can be twisted to mean anything. What is a "flaming post"? What constitutes "bashing"? Anything can be interpreted as flaming or bashing if the moderator is intent on silencing a member and I'm talking from experience here. I personally think that the only limitations that should apply to the freedom of expression on the forum are when a poster is engaged in any of the following:

• racist discriminatory hate speech
    • profanities
    • incitement to violence/murder/aggression
    These are well defined and easily identifiable parameters that should not be allowed expression on the forum.
    now, while i whole heartedly agree with this, there is one more condition that needs to be applied ..

those contributing to and/or inciting such responses by way of a borderline posts must be held responsible.
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani

The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

4. Thanks vampire thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a side note. This forum has opperated very well without laws, people have respected eachother (to an extent) and have been able to debate with better standards than i have seen on any other forum that has 100000000000000000 rules and bashar al assad's moderating them... Perhaps rules are not needed here? the forum has opperated fine without them.

There is a slight flaw one must highlight in the human brain... when a human is given so many rules, it is only natural that they break them. When a person is given no rules, they assess what is the right way to conduct ones self. It's a psychological observation which if you all conduct your own research you will see is 100& true.

Just something to consider.

That is all

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am all for rules, but I believe we have approached and perhaps crossed the line of what makes Sawte different. What makes it different is the concept of a flat rule, open policy, feel free to voice your self without look behind your shoulder for the heavy load of tight boundires. I prefer the flat rule concept and we are on the verge of smaching it.

This where trouble starts, its when one member interprets the rule one way and another member sees it another way. To go further, the mod interpretation may be different from one mod to the other.

Keep the forum flat, but I recomend the use of common sence instead and I highly recomend not editing any post and actualy using the infraction system.

Why build walls and cage yourself, just use common sence, and the mods need to step in and act when common sence is broken.

In short, the only rule should be the common sence rule, for this to work you need mods that are not afraid to impliment this rule. By impliment I mean infract and warn, but lets stop being nice by sending private messages. We need to make examples of those who have no common sence.
    THE ASPIRATIONS OF OUR MARTYRS ARE ENTRUSTED TO US.
    THE BLOOD OF THE MARTYRS REFUSES THE RETURN TO A NATION BUILT ON FALSEHOOD AND DECEIT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azf0eqawQDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLrmNUVYjII

7. Thanks LebanonsFinest thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wayno Tabouk he knows what me and Boulos are talking about

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
    Note to self: "watch out from Voila!!"
    Just keep refilling my glass with Pinot Noir and you will be fine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LebanonsFinest View Post
    Wayno Tabouk he knows what me and Boulos are talking about
    Like I always say, the best forums are self moderated ones. Members should keep one another in check!

Rules are not necessary but some cannot function without them

The problem which I have noticed is certain members have gripes with one another either from previous encounters elsewhere or simply due to a difference in political thinking. It comes across as pretty childish. I still cannot believe I was reading replies which mentioned member's mothers!
    Last edited by Voila!; 09-10-2009 at 01:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOULOS 1 View Post
    I am all for rules, but I believe we have approached and perhaps crossed the line of what makes Sawte different. What makes it different is the concept of a flat rule, open policy, feel free to voice your self without look behind your shoulder for the heavy load of tight boundires. I prefer the flat rule concept and we are on the verge of smaching it.

This where trouble starts, its when one member interprets the rule one way and another member sees it another way. To go further, the mod interpretation may be different from one mod to the other.

Keep the forum flat, but I recomend the use of common sence instead and I highly recomend not editing any post and actualy using the infraction system.

Why build walls and cage yourself, just use common sence, and the mods need to step in and act when common sence is broken.

In short, the only rule should be the common sence rule, for this to work you need mods that are not afraid to impliment this rule. By impliment I mean infract and warn, but lets stop being nice by sending private messages. We need to make examples of those who have no common sence.
    for most common sense is the rule of the day. for others, that screen in front of them gives them the freedom they need to be insulting and degrading. in order to keep the flat rule system these types of people need to be ignored.
    as far as sending pm's goes, it has been successful for most. closing threads has also been successful but doing this punishes those that are actually debating. the next step should be banning for periods of time. this is something i am loathe to do but certainly not afraid to do.
    personally i suggest complete ignoring of any person that incites on this forum, let them post with no responses in return.
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani

The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigwinnman View Post
    personally i suggest complete ignoring of any person that incites on this forum, let them post with no responses in return.
    Spot on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigwinnman View Post
    now, while i whole heartedly agree with this, there is one more condition that needs to be applied ..

those contributing to and/or inciting such responses by way of a borderline posts must be held responsible.
    I like how you put it; "borderline posts"!

But no, I disagree. A little sarcasm never hurts.