Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batroun - Bejdarfel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Batroun - Bejdarfel

Bejdarfel is a small village about 7 kilometres from Batroun City.
    To reach it you drive up from Batroun, pass Ijdabra Village, and before turning into the Ebrine Village intersection you turn right (instead of left up into Ebrine).
    About 10 years ago a rich man originally from Bejdarfel came back and basically rebuilt the whole village, tarred the roads, put street signs even, lights, and shopping mall, cafe's etc, ya3ni saret almost from poorest to richest village in Batroun lol.

? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??.

? :
    - ?? ?? ? ?? ?? ?? "bet gdar fila" ?? .
    - ?? ?? ?: ? ?? ?
    - ?? ??: ?.
    - ?? ??: ?? : ?? ? ? ??.

- ?? "beged refael" ? ?? ?? ?? .
    - ?? ?? ??: ?? ? ?? ??
    - ??: ? ?? ? ??.

- ?? ?? "" ? ?? ?: ?? ? ?.

- ? ?? ? ?? ?? "gad" ?? ?.

?? ??:
    - ?? ? .
    - ?? .
    - ?? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ??
    ?? ?.

?? ?? ??:
    - ?? ?? ?.
    - ?? ?.
    - ?? ?? ?.

?? ? ?? ? ?.

?? ?? ?:
    - ? ?.
    - ?? ? ??.

?? ??:
    - ?? ? ?? (?).

more information from:
    Bejdarfel Main Page

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to find out what the name means. I actually had no idea what its name meant before. Anyways the guy you are talking about that went from the states to Bejdarfel is back in the states now. When I was in Lebanon a few weeks ago I was even told that his house is up for sale asking price is about half a million or something like that. So if anyone is interested look into it and see if you can buy it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have many relatives in Bejdarfil, i like this town very much n i always visit it ! The person who came back from the US n who is very rich is Raymond Abi Rached i guess, The gate of his house is made of Gold or somethin !! He always contributes in makin the town better !!
    "You have evolved from worm to man, but much
    within you is still worm. Once you were apes, yet even now man is more

of an ape than any of the apes"- Nietzche

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are right Sonyah his name is Raymond Abi Rached. I'm not sure about the gate to his house being made out of gold tho. I've actually heard that before but you know how Lebanese people like to embelish things. There is no doubt that the guy is rich but to have the gate out of Gold I think that's a bit much. Anyways when I was in Bejdarfel a few weeks ago the place looked a bit run down and it does not look like it has been maintained in a while, so I'm not sure just how much money he has left, especially that the house is up for sale.

Regardless this guy actually did something good for his town, I hope other wealthy Lebanese immigrants would do the same and Lebanon will become paradise, because we know that the Gov is not capable of undertaking such projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hicham saade View Post
    you are right Sonyah his name is Raymond Abi Rached. I'm not sure about the gate to his house being made out of gold tho. I've actually heard that before but you know how Lebanese people like to embelish things. There is no doubt that the guy is rich but to have the gate out of Gold I think that's a bit much. Anyways when I was in Bejdarfel a few weeks ago the place looked a bit run down and it does not look like it has been maintained in a while, so I'm not sure just how much money he has left, especially that the house is up for sale.

Regardless this guy actually did something good for his town, I hope other wealthy Lebanese immigrants would do the same and Lebanon will become paradise, because we know that the Gov is not capable of undertaking such projects.
    I have seen his house which is not actually a house but a palace , the gate has a golden color but dunno if it is made of real gold !
    He helped the habitants there : he embellished the town by paintin the houses, he created many job opportunities : Auxilia Supermarket ( i guess that's the name ) ...But i dunno any further details that's why i conclude that he is a kind person !!
    Why is his house for sale? Did he waste his money or just bcoz he moved back to the US ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SONYAh! View Post
    I have seen his house which is not actually a house but a palace , the gate has a golden color but dunno if it is made of real gold !
    He helped the habitants there : he embellished the town by paintin the houses, he created many job opportunities : Auxilia Supermarket ( i guess that's the name ) ...But i dunno any further details that's why i conclude that he is a kind person !!
    Why is his house for sale? Did he waste his money or just bcoz he moved back to the US ?

yes I know his house is a palace, and I too have seen the gate, and it is golden but I don't kow if it is Gold or not. That was my point in the previous post but i guess I did not state it clearly.
    he is deff. a nece person and he did help out a lot in Bejdarfel. he actually used to give the elderly money every months also so they could have a diecent life, and he bought insurance for all the old people so they can get medical care. I'm not sure why the house is for sale, I asked around and everyone had a different story. I did not get the same story twice so I have no clue. I was told however that Walid Ben Talal was thinking about buying the house. Again I don't know how true that is. All this is based on what people told me and not on concrete facts.

Bss ya Sonyah your family is not doing their part in Bejdarfel. We still lost the elections in that darn town. Tell them they need to be more active and ensure that we win in Bejdarfel in 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and what happened to the rich man? where did he disappear?
    One must remember that in choosing the lesser of two evils, one still chooses evil - Hannah Arendt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hicham saade View Post

Bss ya Sonyah your family is not doing their part in Bejdarfel. We still lost the elections in that darn town. Tell them they need to be more active and ensure that we win in Bejdarfel in 2013
    Really ? i didn't know about it, n actually it surprises me coz my relatives there worked very hard with MP Antoine Zahra, n they r very active LFers we have around 40 votes from our family in this town n the family is growin there!

Besides i'd like to add a small note to the information about the town : They make excellent za3tar n zeit zeytoun !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SONYAh! View Post
    I have many relatives in Bejdarfil, i like this town very much n i always visit it ! The person who came back from the US n who is very rich is Raymond Abi Rached i guess, The gate of his house is made of Gold or somethin !! He always contributes in makin the town better !!
    You have relatives from Bejdarfel? I feel sorry for you!
    Seriously though, we could be related hahahha.
    Raymond's wife and family as far as I know are still in Lebanon, it's just him who seemed to have left.
    When I was there in 2000 he baptised his son and Sleiman Franjieh was the Godfather (yes!). The banquet he put was out of this world.

Also, there was a Prison in Bejdarfel during the Civil War that was built/made by the Marada (who controlled most, if not all Batroun Villages) wa bahadlo kteer Batroun people there.
    Last edited by shreek; 26-06-2009 at 01:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who controlled most, if not all Batroun Villages
    la2 ya to2borni. around 40%
    most of bejdarfel were marada
    One must remember that in choosing the lesser of two evils, one still chooses evil - Hannah Arendt