User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qatar v. Saudi & CO + USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Monday, five countries in the region announced that they were forcing Qatar to choose: its powerful neighbor Saudi Arabia, Egypt and at least three other Arab nations severed all ties with the country, escalating their accusations that the Qatari monarchy supported Sunni Islamist terrorism and Iranian designs on the region.

Kanaan still says Iran is not the problem, and it is not even 0.0001 percent of the problem.

Donald Trump and a new U.S. policy of taking the Sunni powers’ side in their sectarian wars against Shiite powers, especially Iran

Kanaan does not think so.

@Kanaan
    Last edited by Kasarjian; 06-06-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by proisrael-nonisraeli View Post
    OPEC is no longer in control of oil prices.

The moment oil prices will begin moving up, shale oil extraction will begin increasing as well as generation of renewables, which in turn will start driving oil prices down.

Oil prices will keep bobbing around $40-$50 for next few years with steady decrease in demand.
    youre adopted to the ideology that is popular nowadays but i do not buy it.

shale is only 5% of the world's oil production. until a few years ago, we were supposively running out of oil.

oil demand is increasing. tesla is a bubble waiting to burst. electric cars have not made any dents into the gasoline engine market.

much of the world does not even have a stable source of electricity let alone the money to buy an electric vehicle!

im believing that shale is overrated and texas is about to meet it's match in terms of capped productivity. too much activity in one place & service companies still underpaid.

i think texas is making opec think twice about manipulating the market as flooding the market was extremely damaging. opec is now unsure of themselves.

so opec has been able to destroy oil prices but can't get them back to the median. they haven't been trying too hard to long, so we have to wait it out to see their socalled cuts.

saudi arabia claims to have cut another 15% from US markets and that takes up to 2-months to realize, so let's wait and see the crude draws this week and coming summer months before coming to conclusions that there is supposively a glut. i do not believe there is a permanent glut or too much oil, oil use continues to grow and the reason there was a glut (still remains) is because of the mass flood the saudis produced when they flooded the market.

of course you could be right and i could be wrong, but i expect oil prices to significantly rebound in the next month or two, continuously into 2018.

with oil sanctions on venezuela and conflict in the mideast, especially a place around qatar, there is lots of potential for even higher crude prices then most think..

oil is too important and powerful to fail; ev is overrated and renewable automobiles are nowhere close to becoming a threat to gasoline engines. all talk!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasarjian View Post
    On Monday, five countries in the region announced that they were forcing Qatar to choose: its powerful neighbor Saudi Arabia, Egypt and at least three other Arab nations severed all ties with the country, escalating their accusations that the Qatari monarchy supported Sunni Islamist terrorism and Iranian designs on the region.

Kanaan still says Iran is not the problem, and it is not even 0.0001 percent of the problem.

Donald Trump and a new U.S. policy of taking the Sunni powers’ side in their sectarian wars against Shiite powers, especially Iran

Kanaan does not think so.

@Kanaan
    that's like the bloodz accusing the crips of being bad guys; it's a joke and you know it very well.

im sure qatar does support extremist muslims and yet, there is no parrallel isis like society then the kingdom of saudi arabia. corpless bodies dangling, women literally screaming "im innocent" getting their heads cut off with a sword on the street, bloggers being tortured to death, yeah, that's the good-guys, the ksa.

anyways, its a positive development. im happy to see them shun qatar.

qatar violated the cardinal sin by doing business with iran and it looks like they will pay the price. it will be very interesting to see how it turns out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaan View Post
    youre adopted to the ideology that is popular nowadays but i do not buy it.

shale is only 5% of the world's oil production. until a few years ago, we were supposively running out of oil.

oil demand is increasing. tesla is a bubble waiting to burst. electric cars have not made any dents into the gasoline engine market.

much of the world does not even have a stable source of electricity let alone the money to buy an electric vehicle!

im believing that shale is overrated and texas is about to meet it's match in terms of capped productivity. too much activity in one place & service companies still underpaid.

i think texas is making opec think twice about manipulating the market as flooding the market was extremely damaging. opec is now unsure of themselves.

so opec has been able to destroy oil prices but can't get them back to the median. they haven't been trying too hard to long, so we have to wait it out to see their socalled cuts.

saudi arabia claims to have cut another 15% from US markets and that takes up to 2-months to realize, so let's wait and see the crude draws this week and coming summer months before coming to conclusions that there is supposively a glut. i do not believe there is a permanent glut or too much oil, oil use continues to grow and the reason there was a glut (still remains) is because of the mass flood the saudis produced when they flooded the market.

of course you could be right and i could be wrong, but i expect oil prices to significantly rebound in the next month or two, continuously into 2018.

with oil sanctions on venezuela and conflict in the mideast, especially a place around qatar, there is lots of potential for even higher crude prices then most think..

oil is too important and powerful to fail; ev is overrated and renewable automobiles are nowhere close to becoming a threat to gasoline engines. all talk!

"youre adopted to the ideology that is popular nowadays but i do not buy it" - if anything else it is not ideology and for Canadian whose country earns much of its income by successfully competing with OPEC not buying it takes special kind of stubbornness in your desire to deny reality.
    Last edited by proisrael-nonisraeli; 07-06-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My interest in oil prices is secondary only because it's an investment (futures) platform that has an effect on potential customers competing for claims and the fact that it is a psychological benchmark of the consumer economy.
    One of the reasons that the economy fell apart in the US was gasoline doubling in price in the late first decade of this century. When people had to choose between paying the mortgage and getting their family to work and school they picked the latter.
    The cost of goods, as well as food, soared because of oil prices and oil futures traders were looked upon as pond scum and rightly so in my book.
    I don't know much about oil in Texas more than Houston has been a boom town and a bust town and besides the movie "Giant" little interest to me, but I do know that the rise of technology in shale has forever changed the geo-political landscape in terms of petro diplomacy and I doubt that will change in the foreseeable future.
    Shale is profitable at $35.00 a barrel or so I heard experts say a month ago.
    Not too long ago that figure was $50.00 and rumors of bust, decline and capping were heard, it's been said that new technology is coming soon how much of a paradigm shift in the tectonic plates of the oil industry is anyone's guess.
    Electric cars are dead and anyone who believes otherwise is foolish.
    But Sam....Tesla...Tesla...Tesla, first of all, the name is very cool of course who is not aware of the great genius inventor Nikola Tesla, surrounded in mystery subject and character of many late 19th-century stories and movie yarns but aside from the chic name what does it offer?
    Electric cars are nothing new they surface every 50 years or so, there was a car called the Baker Electric car company, it was manufactured in the US at the turn of the century for 15 years, then we had the very real greenie Ed Begley Jr and his golf cart.
    But what do these cars run on, they are powered by electricity and electricity in the US is fueled by coal.
    Coal is a dirty word these days but Tesla is a clean, cool, chic and reaches the $70,000 for the S model which is very nice looking.
    However, is Tesla profitable, maybe, but it was not before and would it ever be a success with Obama pouring into Elon Musks hands US Taxpayer dollars.
    One thing for sure is the vision of a burning Tesla (which we have seen a few times) might be different if it was called a Musk, can you imagine telling your family, what color Musk you'll be ordering, yes sir it's the pea green metallic Musk parked over there, does not sound too fashionable to me.
    I'll tell you my plan, I'm telling myself I'll be blowing this popsicle stand, just around the time of Trump's second term and there will be just as I predicted last go round.
    Israel is going to be awash in Compressed Natural Gas, CNG is the fuel of the future, it's abundant, motors run clean, the engines are dual purpose and can run on petrol, lastly the fuel is cheaper than diesel and benzene and that's key along with the so-called environmental issues.
    Mercedes produces a Sprinter Van that is a perfect candidate for RV Motorhome and that's my pick in the next few years, beats my first motorcycle a silver Moto-Guzzi and six months Eurail Pass.
    Israel is set to be over 60% Compressed Natural Gas compliant in five years, the USA is brimming with Gas discoveries and we have not even seen the discoveries of it nor the new technology for shale oil.
    The days of cut- backs, oil politics, coercive threats are either over or nearly over and it's not going to be because of a pea green model S Tesla nee Musk mobile.

Bet your bottom dollar, make that petro dollar matey.
    Last edited by Samaritan; 07-06-2017 at 12:14 AM.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

6. Thanks proisrael-nonisraeli thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Sam is correct, shale oil extraction costs keeps falling and Trump's desire to get rid of dependency on foreign oil will keep oil market price low for years to come.

Increasing share of renewable energy also will keep pushing demand for oil lower (and subsequently prices).

These two combined are a disaster waiting to happen for all states that depend for their survival on sale of crude and its derivatives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
    However, is Tesla profitable, maybe, but it was not before and would it ever be a success with Obama pouring into Elon Musks hands US Taxpayer dollars.

Tesla is not profitable and has never turned profitable; they are worth more then General Motors on paper and they have not succeeded at all.

I expect Tesla stock to be crushed this year, probably to less then 50% of where it's at now! Tesla as you note, is basically a fraud, supported by ideological governments.

Consumers who chose EVs are the rich guys in California. In Canada, where Quebec is the only place that has a noticeable amount of EVs, it's because the gov't mandates them at 4% of all automaker sales. Consumers are not chosing electric cars and its hard for me to imagine them becoming anywhere near the majority or even a substantial minority unless the battery is developed to a point where it holds long and charges extremely fast.

Evs are not a threat to oil at this point! All scare tactics by eco radicals, left wing media, anti oil people and Liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
    One thing for sure is the vision of a burning Tesla (which we have seen a few times) might be different if it was called a Musk, can you imagine telling your family, what color Musk you'll be ordering, yes sir it's the pea green metallic Musk parked over there, does not sound too fashionable to me.
    I'll tell you my plan, I'm telling myself I'll be blowing this popsicle stand, just around the time of Trump's second term and there will be just as I predicted last go round.
    Israel is going to be awash in Compressed Natural Gas, CNG is the fuel of the future, it's abundant, motors run clean, the engines are dual purpose and can run on petrol, lastly the fuel is cheaper than diesel and benzene and that's key along with the so-called environmental issues.
    Mercedes produces a Sprinter Van that is a perfect candidate for RV Motorhome and that's my pick in the next few years, beats my first motorcycle a silver Moto-Guzzi and six months Eurail Pass.
    Israel is set to be over 60% Compressed Natural Gas compliant in five years, the USA is brimming with Gas discoveries and we have not even seen the discoveries of it nor the new technology for shale oil.
    The days of cut- backs, oil politics, coercive threats are either over or nearly over and it's not going to be because of a pea green model S Tesla nee Musk mobile.

Bet your bottom dollar, make that petro dollar matey.
    I doubled down on oil and I don't think we can consider oil a conventional commodity that follows the rules of economics.

Oil is volatile and I expect it to remain so. Geopolitical events like what we are seeing unfold in Qatar and if they spread to Iran will cause oil to skyrocket.

You talk of independence, which is possible, but US still can't sanction Venezuela's oil sector because they require their oil to sustain US demand.

The shale situation is overrated too. While shale is "formidable" and daunting right now, lots can change in shale. Earthquakes. New Democratic gov't. Lots.

American shale is only 5% of the world's production. While a lot, not enough to dominant the market forever. Just enough to wage a formidable battle with shell socked OPEC.

The reason I think shale is making such a substantial impact is because US inventories are being monitored and they are the only ones that count right now that effect the crude price internationally. Once the Saudis and their friends figure out how to manipulate the US market, as I suspect they will by limiting shipments to the US, then oil should go up with strong crude draws. That oil that is suddenly being exported by the US will then have to stay in the US. Saudi gets oil for $9 a barrel, so while it is their only commodity, unlike the US, they can still give better rates then the US should they desire.

It will be interesting to see where oil goes, but Texas can't keep the prices set in stone forever. It's all a game and I expect oil to surpass 60s this year.

I think a rapid drop in US inventory and geopolitical conflicts in the Mideast, especially between the Qatari-Irani side can make a major difference.

We'll see.
    Last edited by Kanaan; 07-06-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaan View Post

Tesla is not profitable and has never turned profitable; they are worth more then General Motors on paper and they have not succeeded at all.

I expect Tesla stock to be crushed this year, probably to less then 50% of where it's at now! Tesla as you note, is basically a fraud, supported by ideological governments.

Consumers who chose EVs are the rich guys in California. In Canada, where Quebec is the only place that has a noticeable amount of EVs, it's because the gov't mandates them at 4% of all automaker sales. Consumers are not chosing electric cars and its hard for me to imagine them becoming anywhere near the majority or even a substantial minority unless the battery is developed to a point where it holds long and charges extremely fast.

Evs are not a threat to oil at this point! All scare tactics by eco radicals, left wing media, anti oil people and Liberals.

I doubled down on oil and I don't think we can consider oil a conventional commodity that follows the rules of economics.

Oil is volatile and I expect it to remain so. Geopolitical events like what we are seeing unfold in Qatar and if they spread to Iran will cause oil to skyrocket.

You talk of independence, which is possible, but US still can't sanction Venezuela's oil sector because they require their oil to sustain US demand.

The shale situation is overrated too. While shale is "formidable" and daunting right now, lots can change in shale. Earthquakes. New Democratic gov't. Lots.

American shale is only 5% of the world's production. While a lot, not enough to dominant the market forever. Just enough to wage a formidable battle with shell socked OPEC.

The reason I think shale is making such a substantial impact is because US inventories are being monitored and they are the only ones that count right now that effect the crude price internationally. Once the Saudis and their friends figure out how to manipulate the US market, as I suspect they will by limiting shipments to the US, then oil should go up with strong crude draws. That oil that is suddenly being exported by the US will then have to stay in the US. Saudi gets oil for $9 a barrel, so while it is their only commodity, unlike the US, they can still give better rates then the US should they desire.

It will be interesting to see where oil goes, but Texas can't keep the prices set in stone forever. It's all a game and I expect oil to surpass 60s this year.

I think a rapid drop in US inventory and geopolitical conflicts in the Mideast, especially between the Qatari-Irani side can make a major difference.

We'll see.
    The future is natural gas or methane is cheaper, runs clean and there's plenty of it. The cost of oil to bring it out of the ground in KSA is cheap but you have to get it to market.
    The US can produce and make a profit at $35, oil is $50 +/- per barrel, nice profit in my thinking.
    Right now I doubt the same rules that have been in place since 1973 apply anymore.
    I do know as I posted today that the US is having a sustained housing market because of oil prices and was the opposite when Obama first term began.
    It was good to see this in print today instead of being my theory.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.