User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I won't be posting for I do not know how long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well after dealing with a persistent and mysterious fever that started in late April, and after more than 2 months, and after doctors ran thousands of blood tests to find the underlying problem or the source of inflammation, and after few MRIs and bone scans and other procedures, and after an Echo cardiogram and an Electrocardiogram to check the heart function, the fever decided to give up, my daughter who was never sick before in her life has won the battle without medication except for liquid ibuprofen the fever reducer, and after doctors initially thought that my daughter has the symptoms of the "familial Mediterranean disease" or the "Auto inflammatory disease", now they are saying that she was suffering from the complication of inadequately treated strep throat, or from an untreated strep throat, "post streptococcal disorder" is the medical term, and that the fever was just short of being a "rheumatic fever" which would have in 60 % of the cases, cause heart valve damage and consequently heart failure, or for others kidney damage, or even nervous system issues, luckily my daughter beat the strep throat and the persistent fever without antibiotics which they should have given her at first.....
    I do not know if they are right or wrong, all I know is that she has not had a fever in 7 days straight, and that she did not need to take any Motrin or Advil to reduce the fever....
    Hope that my daughter will be OK from now on but not so sure though...even though she has her appetite back and she is playing and swimming and riding the bike and everything, I still worry and hope that her heart survived the storm and did not get damaged cause i heard that damage to the heart cannot be detected till years later.

Thanks everyone for you encouraging and get well comments.

2. Likes Peter Pan, Semitic Duwa, bigwinnman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is good news aside from all the complications that preceded her recovery. You're a parent and you will never stop worrying about the health of your children. For now just enjoy her return
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani

The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

4. Thanks Kasarjian thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news indeed. The worse nightmare for a parent is to see one of their children sick and yet have no answer or remedy to make them feel and become better.

6. Thanks hany, Kasarjian thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's great news and more happy news will be on the way ..
    god be with you with his grace and mercy

8. Thanks Kasarjian thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost 18 days now with no fever, blood test shows less but still unknown source of inflammation, and doctors are still scratching their heads, they ordered a biopsy to the ankle and the tibia based on abnormality on a previous bone scan, but I am reluctant to agree, cause they say a cat scan is necessary to perform the biopsy which means more radiation to my daughter.....

I know it is important to find out the real source of the problem, if anyone has an advice just let me know..

10. Thanks Semitic Duwa, hany thanked for this post
    Likes Semitic Duwa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

great news kasarjian. very happy for your family and keep hoping for the best and stay strong and positive!

12. Thanks Kasarjian thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaan View Post
    great news kasarjian. very happy for your family and keep hoping for the best and stay strong and positive!
    Thanks Kanaan all the best to you all.....and all the other members too...

14. Thanks Kanaan, Semitic Duwa thanked for this post
    Likes Semitic Duwa liked this post