User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning Hebrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Hebrew teacher has called me this morning and thanked me for improvement of her Hebrew pronounciation and informed me that she is now able to utter some Semitic letters perfectly like 3ayen and Hhit and promised me to do more efforts in order to utter all Semitic letters in the coming months .
    It's a great achievement that I was able to correct tongue of a Hebrew teacher . ( well done jolio )....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jolio View Post
    My Hebrew teacher has called me this morning and thanked me for improvement of her Hebrew pronounciation and informed me that she is now able to utter some Semitic letters perfectly like 3ayen and Hhit and promised me to do more efforts in order to utter all Semitic letters in the coming months .
    It's a great achievement that I was able to correct tongue of a Hebrew teacher . ( well done jolio )....
    What a load of cr@p she's probably from Gaza and one of yours. well done jolio hahahhahahahahahahahahahh....who you kidding.

A song dedicated to jolio
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
    What a load of cr@p she's probably from Gaza and one of yours. well done jolio hahahhahahahahahahahahahh....who you kidding.

A song dedicated to jolio
    Are you jealous of her ?
    She is a very humble and sweet person unlike you an old ignorant man who never admit his mistake or short of knowledge therefore you will remain with your limited brain capacity till the God call you for interview . ( bankrupted creature )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you jealous of her ?
    She is a very humble and sweet person unlike you an old ignorant man who never admit his mistake or short of knowledge therefore you will remain with your limited brain capacity till the God call you for interview . ( bankrupted creature )

I doubt there is a person. I don't invent. I doubt you'll get the interview, don't count on it, you fellows pass go without the 200 dollars.
    When it comes to old and ignorant you old ratcatcher you must be talking about yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt there is a person. I don't invent. I doubt you'll get the interview, don't count on it, you fellows pass go without the 200 dollars.
    When it comes to old and ignorant you old ratcatcher you must be talking about yourself.
    (( They are closely related, different languages in the same way that English and German, or Spanish and Portuguese are closely related, different languages.
    Check out this cool map, which shows the distribution and relationship between the Semitic languages (that's the language family Aramaic and Hebrew belong to, among other languages).
    You can see Aramaic and Hebrew are both on the Northwest Semitic branch, but there are also other languages (like Nabataean and Phoenician) on those branches (incidentally, the only language in this part of the family that isn't dead is Aramaic, so there's one difference - Aramaic has a continuity that Hebrew doesn't, since it was revived).
    Aside from genetic differences, if you mean differences in sound system and other patterning - because Hebrew is a revived language, and because the Ashkenazim had/have a lot of power in modern Israel, modern Hebrew has quite a bit of influence from European languages, particularly German. Germany was home to the communities of Jews that are now called Ashkenazi, and they developed their own Germanic language called Yiddish (not related to Hebrew, but uses the Hebrew writing system). One of the features they picked up in Germany that pervades Iraeli Hebrew today is a uvular rhotic. This is not how the rhotic in the Semitic languages is typically pronounced (rather as an alveolar tap or trill), and it is not how it was pronounced in ancient Hebrew.
    Hebrew has also lost a lot of features, like pharyngeals, and undergone some shifts, like coda spirantization. I'm not sure when these changes occurred in time, though. Spirantization may have occurred very early, and some communities still speak Hebrew with some amount of pharyngealization even today. Conversely, Aramaic still has a full set of pharyngealized consonants (like Arabic).
    Morphologically, Hebrew still uses the "templatic" structure that is the hallmark of the Semitic languages (tri-consonantal roots with vowels inserted and affixes attached), so that would be something Hebrew and Aramaic have in common)).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^copy-pasted from reddit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Semitic Duwa View Post
    ^^copy-pasted from reddit
    Modern germanic Hebrew borrowed some Alphabet /letters/sounds from German language like Z ( TS ) and R ( GH ) and damaged all other Semitic Hebrew letters like 3ayin , 7et and Qof because Ashkenazi European tongues unable to pronounce Semitic letters .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modern germanic Hebrew borrowed some Alphabet /letters/sounds from German language like Z ( TS ) and R ( GH ) and damaged all other Semitic Hebrew letters like 3ayin , 7et and Qof because Ashkenazi European tongues unable to pronounce Semitic letters .
    You would think after 6 months of not posting you would come up with new cr@p, some old rubbish from you, ya lying failure.
    As for pronunciation, Hebrew the mother tongue not the gibberish arabic is spoken perfectly by those who live in Israel, not one problem pronouncing as opposed to you beople who claim to be Balestinian, there has never been a Balestine and there is no such thing as a Balestinian
    Last edited by Samaritan; 23-03-2017 at 04:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would think after 6 months of not posting you would come up with new cr@p, some old rubbish from you, ya lying failure.
    As for pronunciation, Hebrew the mother tongue not the gibberish arabic is spoken perfectly by those who live in Israel, not one problem pronouncing as opposed to you beople who claim to be Balestinian, there has never been a Balestine and there is no such thing as a Balestinian
    For your information more than one year you old man, still you have the same problem of limited knowledge in the linguistic field and you are unable to discuss or add some beneficial information to the topic so what do you expect me to reply to your nonsense comment !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For your information more than one year you old man, still you have the same problem of limited knowledge in the linguistic field and you are unable to discuss or add some beneficial information to the topic so what do you expect me to reply to your nonsense comment !!

A year you say, has it been that long wow, time flys....sadly it was not a
    year when it comes to limited knowledge you don't even know what time it is.No, unfortunately, I keep tabs on how long an old piece of rotting flesh is left out of the refrigerator, the stench has only been gone approximately as I said without me verifying the shelf sell by date 6 months.
    As proof of your rapidly declining memory where days weeks and moments are compacted into one noxious brain fart, I offer as your last posting date before your unwelcome by me at least return.This would be the last audacious date of October 27, 2016, just short of your birthday that falls on Holloween as I recall. Let's see
    Jolio posted on October 27 of last year, today is March 23, 2017, that's just short give or take 4 days, pretty good on my part calling when you last appeared on this forum, perhaps your failing memory can think back to your previous post .http://sawte.com/showthread.php?t=19...861#post235861

In fact, your last words "You are really
    Samoron" are just as clouded as what you have come up with yesterday.I expect little from you as far as thinking goes but you should have some grasp of time, shouldn't you old fellow. Here's to jolio and his failing conception of time

Chicago........Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

Last edited by Samaritan; 23-03-2017 at 11:17 PM.