User Tag List

Thread: Al Aqsa or the Southern Mosque?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Al Aqsa or the Southern Mosque?

I want this in the political section, since right now, major political struggles are occuring over this in Jerusalem.

I just heard that a few hours ago, the leader of Hamas declared a Third Intifada.

The flash point which started this Intifada was continuing Muslim anger over the presence of Jews on [Al-Aqsa] Mosque. The Jews refuse to give up congregating on the Temple Mount, which they see as their natural right. The Arabs see it as a mortal insult.

There are other reasons, but the tension on Al-Aqsa is the percolater. The straw that broke the camels back, et al ...

So it behooves us to inspect the story of Al-Aqsa.

According to Muslim belief, Mohammed rode a steed-like creature, Al Buraq, to the Furthest [al-Aqsa] Mosque, from whence he ascended to heaven. This was his night journey called the Miraj, from when we get our word: mirage, which can be understood to mean illusion.

During his lifetime however, Islam never left the west end of the Arabian peninsula. There was no mosque in Jerusalem for Mohammed to visit.

Arab armies did not reach Jerusalem until 4 years after Mohammed's death, to lay seige. The Arabs did not get into Jerusalem until 637 AD, 5 years after Mohammed's death.

Everyone, even Muslims, agree on this.

So how could Mohammed visit a mosque that was not there?

The present mosque was first built in 705 AD, 73 years after Mohammed's death.

The whole Al-Aqsa story is a crock.

This is why I refuse to call it al-Aqsa. I call it instead the Southern Mosque, since it is on the southern area of the Temple Area.

I do NOT agree with everything Israel does, but for the Arabs to fight over what is a total lie - even by their own records - is beyond belief.

Since Mohammed died before Arabs reached Jerusalem, there was no mosque in Jerusalem for him to visit on his night journey. What nonsense!

The Arabs may press a property claim to the Mosque if they want. The Arabs may press a national claim if they want. But a religious claim is sheer fabrication.

What they fear is that the Jews, in their desire to rebuild the temple, will eventually destroy the Mosque, even as they detroyed the Sheik Eid Mosque in 1967.

Seems both sides disrespect the other's holy places. Though with recent Muslim desecrations on Solomon's Temples, the Arabs are in little position to criticize the Jews.

Whatever one feels about the Arab complaints, the Southern Mosque could not possibly be Al-Aqsa.

Whether Jews should be allowed access to the area is another matter; but a claim to al-Aqsa is ridiculous.
    Last edited by CuriousAmerican; 10-10-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one wants to join in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer to call it "The Rubble"

You know, in preparation for the date when Israel will finally bomb it for being a terrorist mouthpiece.
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

4. Thanks CuriousAmerican thanked for this post
    Likes CuriousAmerican liked this post
    Dislikes CuriousAmerican disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loved the answer. Love it! Brutal, but honest. No mealy-mouthed mince words like the evasive ones here. Made me laugh. I liked the post. I clicked the dislike by mistake. I meant to like and thank, for your honesty.