User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Why the West hates Putin .

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    22,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YOSS View Post
    Hey Greg, hope lent is going well.

    Felt like replying to this, it's up to you to believe it To say the West hates putin because of crimea has a dangerous inaccuracy to it. The truth is the west Qatar, and Saudi tried endlessly to convince Russia to drop Assad, even went on to threaten Putin. When Putin did not budge, they created the Crimean situation thru their Ukrainian ally. Putin acted swiftly on it to discourage future attempts of the like. He was prepared. But the hate is due to Syria and absolutely nothing else.

    Putin is currently the world leader, and soon in a few years, will be so more visibly.

    Hi Yoss, all is well, frickin cold, but well

    I'm being honest and not facetious here but I really don't know if I should be taking your remarks at face value or as a humorous response!? I certainly don't want to reply in a way that may be taken mockingly. And then again I don't want to reply in a more serious manner and then be mocked myself.
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani


    The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

    Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Irrelevant
    Posts
    2,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    73

    Default

    Nobody in the West really "hates" Putin, he's mainly seen as an enemy and a warmonger... Personally, I think he's messing up Russia's future real bad, even though he succeeded in taking advantage of the rampant Russophilia thriving in Western "nationalist" circles (which almost worship him nowadays) so I'll grant him that.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    5,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwinnman View Post
    Crimea, does that ring a bell?
    crimea is russian territory anyways. i dont' involve myself in anything else there as it doesn't pertain to us.

    for me, it's all about Beslan, when moderate islamists massacred schoolchildren as they are now doing in the Mideast.

    until the western world has a problem with those guys, i don't see any good reason to have a problem with putin.

    if it wasn't for putin, syria would be in the same hands of iraq and libya... which is the islamic state group, as all of syria may be like raqqa, which has flourished thanks to the turks.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwinnman View Post
    Hi Yoss, all is well, frickin cold, but well

    I'm being honest and not facetious here but I really don't know if I should be taking your remarks at face value or as a humorous response!? I certainly don't want to reply in a way that may be taken mockingly. And then again I don't want to reply in a more serious manner and then be mocked myself.
    You do present a good case but mocking or joking it wasn't. I'm mainly talking of crimea being why they hate him, if at all.

    The second part, was also serious; Putin Russia is poised to be next big cahuna. I like how the Chinese president is always right behind.
    OneIsManyIsOne

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    22,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YOSS View Post
    You do present a good case but mocking or joking it wasn't. I'm mainly talking of crimea being why they hate him, if at all.

    The second part, was also serious; Putin Russia is poised to be next big cahuna. I like how the Chinese president is always right behind.
    Well alright then ... The west doesn't hate Putin, the problem goes back to Ukraine's application to join the EU, Yanukovitch's refusal to follow the populations desire to join the EU, Putin's insistence on Ukraine joining his proposed Eurasian Bloc. What has transpired since then is the reason why the west has a problem with Russia.

    Kanaan says Crimea was originally a part of Russia anyway so it shouldn't matter. Well, Crimea is now within the sovereign borders of Ukraine, so it does matter. Russia armed so-called Ukrainian seperatists shown to be Russian military that had crossed the border in unmarked uniforms. Russia invaded Ukraine the same way Germany invaded Poland.

    This brings us to another point ... Ukraine had applied to become a member of NATO. This put Russia at a complete disadvantage putting the west not in Russia's backyard but knocking at Russia's front door.

    It has also been said that without Russia's backing of Syria that Syria would resemble Iraq now. That may be true but if Russia would not have backed Assad in the beginning of Syria's troubles, when it was just peaceful demonstrations, none of what is happening now in the region would have come about. Russia must also accept responsibility for these events also.

    Russia is not going to be the powerhouse you believe it will become. China, as quiet as it is, is the real powerhouse in the region and Russia's silent partner.
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani


    The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

    Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,726
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanaan View Post
    crimea is russian territory anyways
    Wrong for two reasons.

    First, Crimea belonged to Russian Empire for some 160 years if even that long.

    Second, when USSR fell apart Russia and Ukraine voluntarily agreed on their common borders.
    According to this agreement Crimea went to Ukraine and Ukrainian nukes went to Russia
    And that is all that anyone needs to know and care about.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwinnman View Post
    Well alright then ... The west doesn't hate Putin, the problem goes back to Ukraine's application to join the EU, Yanukovitch's refusal to follow the populations desire to join the EU, Putin's insistence on Ukraine joining his proposed Eurasian Bloc. What has transpired since then is the reason why the west has a problem with Russia.

    Kanaan says Crimea was originally a part of Russia anyway so it shouldn't matter. Well, Crimea is now within the sovereign borders of Ukraine, so it does matter. Russia armed so-called Ukrainian seperatists shown to be Russian military that had crossed the border in unmarked uniforms. Russia invaded Ukraine the same way Germany invaded Poland.

    This brings us to another point ... Ukraine had applied to become a member of NATO. This put Russia at a complete disadvantage putting the west not in Russia's backyard but knocking at Russia's front door.

    It has also been said that without Russia's backing of Syria that Syria would resemble Iraq now. That may be true but if Russia would not have backed Assad in the beginning of Syria's troubles, when it was just peaceful demonstrations, none of what is happening now in the region would have come about. Russia must also accept responsibility for these events also.

    Russia is not going to be the powerhouse you believe it will become. China, as quiet as it is, is the real powerhouse in the region and Russia's silent partner.
    No ya Greg, hence my previous post. Dangerously inaccurate.

    You can't hate (and I said boldly: can't, not shouldn't) someone you are poking at. The joining of many eastern European states into nato has been a major nuisance for Russia since the wall came down. Article 5 defines geo-nato: West Europe & NA. after the wall came down, they created the saddam situation to keep nato in business. Recruiting east European countries was the poking and screwing around...

    Your comment on Syria is a bit naïve. If Assad had gone, entire chaos would have followed. Just like Iraq.

    Da big Cahuna on the eastern block is Russia. This is elementary Greg. Just watch how when Security council debates on Syria were taking place, Russian ambassador - excuse me, Mr Lavarov the Great! - had the word. China merely stood there vetoing along with Russia, etc. and it's an amateurish small example on my side, there's more.
    OneIsManyIsOne

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proisrael-nonisraeli View Post
    Wrong for two reasons.

    First, Crimea belonged to Russian Empire for some 160 years if even that long.

    Second, when USSR fell apart Russia and Ukraine voluntarily agreed on their common borders.
    According to this agreement Crimea went to Ukraine and Ukrainian nukes went to Russia
    And that is all that anyone needs to know and care about.
    It only shows ur atheist-grown/little grown mind. there's a ton of other things to know to properly evaluate this, the main of which is in my post.
    OneIsManyIsOne

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    22,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    347

    Default

    @YOSS

    We're got some discussing to do

    I haven't got the time right now as I have to attend a 40 year service to the company celebration for a fellow co-worker. A dinner theatre no less, most everything paid for by the company.
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani


    The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

    Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    13,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    197

    Default

    5600 dead and what for? Russia annexed Crimea and the war is still going.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •