Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Queen Khentakawess III's tomb found in Egypt

Queen Khentakawess III's tomb found in Egypt

The tomb dates to the Fifth Dynasty of the Pharaohs - about 4,500 years ago
    Archaeologists in Egypt have unearthed the tomb of a previously unknown queen, Egyptian officials say.
    The tomb was found in Abu-Sir, south-west of Cairo, and is thought to belong to the wife or mother of Pharaoh Neferefre who ruled 4,500 years ago.
    Egyptian Antiquities Minister Mamdouh el-Damaty said that her name, Khentakawess, had been found inscribed on a wall in the necropolis.
    Mr Damaty added that this would make her Khentakawess III.
    The tomb was discovered in Pharaoh Neferefre's funeral complex.
    About 30 vessels were found at the tomb
    The name of the queen was found inscribed on a wall
    Miroslav Barta, head of the Czech Institute of Egyptology mission which made the discovery, said that the location of the queen's tomb made them believe that she was the wife of the pharaoh.
    The Czech archaeologists also found about 30 utensils made of limestone and copper.
    Mr Damaty explained that the discovery would "help us shed light on certain unknown aspects of the Fifth Dynasty, which along with the Fourth Dynasty, witnessed the construction of the first pyramids."
    Abu-Sir was used as an Old Kingdom cemetery for the ancient Egyptian capital of Memphis.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30674339
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani

The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

2. Likes Fady A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swedish archaeologists discover pharaonic wall relief in Egypt

Team of archaeologists discovers rare 2,500-year-old wall relief depicting two pharaonic deities, God Amen-Re and God Thot.

CAIRO - A team of Swedish archaeologists has discovered a rare 2,500-year-old wall relief depicting two pharaonic deities south of Cairo, Egyptian officials said on Tuesday.
    The discovery, one of several finds by a team from Sweden's Lund University, was made near Aswan, 850 kilometres (528 miles) from the Egyptian capital.
    The wall relief is one of the "few available sculptures combining the two deities – God Amen-Re and God Thot," Ali al-Asfar, head of Upper Egypt's antiquities, said.
    Thot, the ancient god of wisdom, is depicted with the body of a man and face of an ibis sacred bird.
    The wall relief was found in a quarry north of Aswan used to supply stone to build the famed Karnak and Luxor temples in the city of Luxor.
    The other finds include a sphinx-shaped statue and another relief showing two obelisks being transported which experts say could date to the time of 18th dynasty Queen Hatshepsut.

http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=69573
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani

The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'