Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Investment Opportunities

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lebanese1984 View Post
    Sorry for the dislike to fast on the button.
    Done it myself a few times.
    One thing is true in all times good and bad, if it sounds too good to be true it's probably not.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
    Hmm Island fever I can understand it well.
    Ever been there in October, the Islands shut down so do your home work, I fell in love with Greece as a kid, I'm of Greek heritage eons ago in familial terms.
    Americans have no rights to buy in certain areas or was so when I thought about buying 10 years ago.
    Lots of fixups then but no super bargains I don't know the market today, if I was looking I would look in central greece or the peninsula ...Sparta, I'm a big fan of Sicily too, plan on spending many months there in the next decade or two.
    Italian familial ties too LOL.
    Cheapest property is Eastern Europe, Bulgaria was very cheap and some very cool properties along with some very pretty girls, but I came to my senses and am off to Acco/Acre/ St Jean d'Acre as my Crusader family would call it today a nice modest flat with a rather distant view of the Mediterranean the weathers good and I'll continue to travel.
    Ever been to Spain, very nice and the Islands too spent a couple of months there long ago, maybe a deal or too great weatherand food among other things.

I tell you where there are still good deals Cyprus, not the Greek Cypriot side but the Turkish Northside.
    You can buy property with a clean title that is not clouded by another owners previous claim (Greek Cypriot)

Gold bad investment a high of $1,800 a couple years ago and skirting at $1,200 today what's that 34%+/- deficit
    I assume that's true of most metals.

Play with stocks, latch on to a guru and play with monopoly money to see if it's for you.
    Airline stocks soar with cheap oil, watch that tip and see if it is not true, oil will flow cheaper and cheaper watch the airlines I'm fixing to do a flow chart today just to see if my thinking is sound, then when the KSA Arabs wipe out Russian crude and Venezuelan crude production and anyone else, they'll stick it to everyone and the Airline stocks will cave.

Buy cheap sell high.

I have always wanted to live in Greece. Greece and Cyprus is very similar to my city in Lebanon. The culture and traditions are the same. It is a great place to invest and always have wanted to. Hopefully in the near future I can buy a house and invest in the country as I simply love it.

3. Thanks Samaritan thanked for this post
    Likes Samaritan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always wanted to live in Greece. Greece and Cyprus is very similar to my city in Lebanon. The culture and traditions are the same. It is a great place to invest and always have wanted to. Hopefully in the near future I can buy a house and invest in the country as I simply love it.
    And you already drive on the wrong side of the road so you'll feel right at home.
    I looked into it 10 years ago until pulling the plug and making a commitment, I looked at Malta and Sardinia.
    Cyprus is very close to Lebanon getting to there is chancey I think theres one shipping company Grimaldi that works the line. I am planning using that one to bring my B class RV/Camper to get it to Europe via Cyprus.
    I been to Limassol Port long ago, a branch of my family was centered in Cyprus for several hundred years but I doubt anyones left, but they were not Cypriots just invaders.
    Pretty place and peaceful, economy well that may be a drawback, I would look into the bank confiscation of assests a while back.
    very scary
    Last edited by Samaritan; 19-12-2014 at 02:58 AM.

5. Thanks lebanese1984 thanked for this post
    Likes lebanese1984 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was you I would buy, lets say. u$10.000 in Petrobras stocks! The price is low today because of a corruption scandal here in Brazil and sensationalism of media! The corrupts got caugth by federal police and will be on a trial next year! The company pocket is full of money, they dont need international credit for anything and its a solid company! So, in some time , I belive the stock prices will give, for the ones who wait, at leat 100% profit back!!!
    Constructio Cognitio Omnia Vincit

7. Likes lebanese1984 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gutoazeredo View Post
    If I was you I would buy, lets say. u$10.000 in Petrobras stocks! The price is low today because of a corruption scandal here in Brazil and sensationalism of media! The corrupts got caugth by federal police and will be on a trial next year! The company pocket is full of money, they dont need international credit for anything and its a solid company! So, in some time , I belive the stock prices will give, for the ones who wait, at leat 100% profit back!!!
    Thanks for the info. How does one invest from OZ in this company?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info. How does one invest from OZ in this company?
    You can buy it on new york stock exchange! Talk with your bank manager!
    Constructio Cognitio Omnia Vincit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But don't forget
    Rule 1 when it sounds too good to be true is usually it probably is too good to be true.
    I started with 5 airline stocks today based on oil at $56 a barrel and gold at slightly less then $1,200 so we will see the correlation.
    I'll do updates every 2 weeks. The last week I was reading oil at $40 now today they are talking $30....useful study.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But don't forget
    Rule 1 when it sounds too good to be true is usually it probably is too good to be true.
    I started with 5 airline stocks today based on oil at $56 a barrel and gold at slightly less then $1,200 so we will see the correlation.
    I'll do updates every 2 weeks. The last week I was reading oil at $40 now today they are talking $30....useful study.
    ALL in ALL there is no easy way to make money fast. The housing market is still no1 due to the growth of it. In OZ the growth of houses is 8% approx per year. Very hard to invest in something else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ALL in ALL there is no easy way to make money fast. The housing market is still no1 due to the growth of it. In OZ the growth of houses is 8% approx per year. Very hard to invest in something else.
    Normal housing market in Central Florida is dead and will stay that way until demand exceeds supply and we have huge foreclosures still happending along with Banks holding deep inventory, yet rentals are hot, so with creative finance could be great housing will eventually rebound to some normalcy but I don't like Govt Zero down programs and rubbish wall street repackaging junk paper controlling me.

Nothing worthwhile is easy otherwise everyone would be doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normal housing market in Central Florida is dead and will stay that way until demand exceeds supply and we have huge foreclosures still happending along with Banks holding deep inventory, yet rentals are hot, so with creative finance could be great housing will eventually rebound to some normalcy but I don't like Govt Zero down programs and rubbish wall street repackaging junk paper controlling me.

Nothing worthwhile is easy otherwise everyone would be doing it.
    100%
    The house prices in OZ are so out of reach for the ordinary citizen. The average 2-3 bedroom house is ~ 700K and that is 1 hour away from the city. The prices are going up and up and it is out of reach for people. The demand here is much more than supply. We have about 1000 people coming weekly into Sydney from other states and all want a place to live ofcourse.

14. Thanks Samaritan thanked for this post
    Likes Samaritan liked this post