Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Jews of Arabia

The Jews of Arabia

Round the bendTales from Britain's rule in India and beyond
    The Jews may have originated in the Middle East but they were long ago scattered far and wide - to the Gulf, among other places. Few now remain, except in Iran. But a century ago, writes Matthew Teller, there was even a proposal to found a Jewish state at an oasis near Bahrain.
    In 1859 Griffith Jenkins, a senior British naval officer in the Gulf, wrote to a subordinate named Hiskal.
    Hiskal - or Yehezkel - ben Yosef was a minor official representing British interests in Muscat. And, like his predecessor in the post in the 1840s (a man named Reuben), he was Jewish.
    Jews had been living in Muscat since at least 1625. In 1673, according to one traveller, a synagogue was being built, implying permanence. British officer James Wellsted also noted the existence of a Jewish community on a visit in the 1830s.
    Jenkins's letter talks obliquely about the Imam (a Muslim ruler who held sway in Oman's interior) and the arrival of a man from Persia. He ends by asking Hiskal to explain the matter in private - and then, remarkably, had his letter translated into Hebrew.

British Library curator Daniel Lowe, who unearthed the letter recently, is flummoxed. With Arabic in daily use, and Hiskal doubtless able to read English, why would Jenkins communicate in Hebrew?
    Lowe guesses that he may have been using Hebrew as a secret code, to be understood by Hiskal but not by messengers - and, perhaps crucially, not by the Imam and the "man from Persia".
    Continue reading the main storyRound the Bend

A series of tales from the days when Britain ruled India and the Gulf, told with documents newly digitised by the British Library

But if this remains a mystery, it's well-known that Jews once lived all across Arabia.
    The Koran records Jewish tribes in and around Medina in the 7th Century, and the medieval traveller Benjamin of Tudela, who passed through in about 1170, describes sizeable Jewish populations throughout modern-day Iran, Iraq and Saudi Arabia, as well as on both shores of the Gulf - at Kish (Iran) and Qatif (Saudi Arabia).
    Baghdad had been home to Jews since the 6th Century BC. Around the time of WW1, officials estimated the city's Jews to number between 55,000 and 80,000, in a total population of 200,000 - a proportion equal to or greater than that in centres of European Jewry such as Warsaw or Berlin.
    Today, fewer than 10 individuals remain.
    For a combination of reasons including economic migration, political pressure and outright persecution - notably after the State of Israel was declared in 1948 - almost all the Jewish communities of the Gulf countries dwindled to nothing in the 20th Century.
    Two survive. In Iran perhaps 25,000 Jews remain, while Bahrain has a tiny Jewish minority, comprising only a few families - though they wield significant power. Until last year, Bahrain's ambassador to the US was a Jewish woman, Houda Nonoo.
    Neither community, though, has had an easy time. Racist attacks were being recorded by the British in Iran in 1905 and in Bahrain in 1929.
    Meanwhile, British diplomat John Gordon Lorimer hints at tensions caused by Jewish businessmen in Kuwait, who distilled "spirituous liquors" and thus enabled local Muslims to break religious laws.

In 1917 an outlandish plan was floated to use Bahrain as the bridgehead from which to establish a "Jewish State of Eastern Arabia" in the desert nearby, but it came to nothing. Just weeks afterwards British Foreign Secretary Arthur Balfour gave his support to the idea of establishing a "national home for the Jewish people" in Palestine.
    Jump media player
    Media player help

Out of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.

Ya Shayile El Gerre, featuring the Jewish Iraqi singer Sett Salima Pasha

Today, the cultural legacy of Jewish Arabia survives most tangibly in music. This evocative song, Ya Shayile El Gerre - recorded in the 1930s on 78rpm shellac disc - features the Jewish Iraqi singer Sett Salima Pasha, accompanied almost certainly here by the Jewish Kuwaiti musicians Daoud Al-Kuwaiti (oud) and his brother Saleh (violin).
    Round the Bend is a series of tales from the days when Britain ruled India and the Gulf, told with documents newly digitised by the British Library. You can explore the archive yourself.
    British Library curator Daniel Lowe contributed original research for this article.
    Selected documents:
    Photograph of an Aden Jew, photographer unknown
    Jews in the Persian Gulf region, by John Gordon Lorimer (190
    "Throughout the Muslim countries, these unhappy people [the Jews] have been subjected to persecution." George Curzon, MP (1892)
    British diplomatic note mentioning the Jewish shopkeepers of Bahrain(1927)

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-30447043
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani

The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jews of Arabia are true Semitics and descendants of Abraham from both sons Ishmael and Isaac unlike European Jews who are Slavic and Turkic origin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jolio View Post
    Jews of Arabia are true Semitics and descendants of Abraham from both sons Ishmael and Isaac unlike European Jews who are Slavic and Turkic origin.

A complete fabrication put forth by an Islamist and a Jew hater-anti-Zionist.

"The Genetic Bonds Between Kurds and Jews"
    by Kevin Alan Brook

Kurds are the Closest Relatives of Jews

"In 2001, a team of Israeli, German, and Indian scientists discovered that the majority of Jews around the world are closely related to the Kurdish people -- more closely than they are to the Semitic-speaking Arabs or any other population that was tested. The researchers sampled a total of 526 Y-chromosomes from 6 populations (Kurdish Jews, Kurdish Muslims, Palestinian Arabs, Sephardic Jews, Ashkenazic Jews, and Bedouin from southern Israel) and added extra data on 1321 persons from 12 populations (including Russians, Belarusians, Poles, Berbers, Portuguese, Spaniards, Arabs, Armenians, and Anatolian Turks).

Most of the 95 Kurdish Muslim test subjects came from northern Iraq. Ashkenazic Jews have ancestors who lived in central and eastern Europe, while Sephardic Jews have ancestors from southwestern Europe, northern Africa, and the Middle East. The Kurdish Jews and Sephardic Jews were found to be very close to each other. Both of these Jewish populations differed somewhat from Ashkenazic Jews, who mixed with European peoples during their diaspora. The researchers suggested that the approximately 12.7 percent of Ashkenazic Jews who have the Eu 19 chromosomes -- which are found among between 54 and 60 percent of Eastern European Christians -- descend paternally from eastern Europeans (such as Slavs) or Khazars.

But the majority of Ashkenazic Jews, who possess Eu 9 and other chromosomes, descend paternally from Judeans who lived in Israel two thousand years ago.

In the article in the November 2001 issue of The American Journal of Human Genetics, Ariella Oppenheim of the Hebrew University of Israel wrote that this new study revealed that Jews have a closer genetic relationship to populations in the northern Mediterranean (Kurds, Anatolian Turks, and Armenians) than to populations in the southern Mediterranean (Arabs and Bedouins).

So we learn that the lie of jolio is nothing but a lie and yes there is a 12.9% of those Ashkenai Jews share with approximately 54% to 60% Eastern European Christians the Eu 19 chromosomes that
    descend paternally from eastern Europeans (such as Slavs) or Khazars." end quote
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Meaning that a small percent of Ashkenazim Jews share the EU 19 Chromosome with the majority of Eastern Christians and that that Chromosome is not definitivly Slavic or Khazar.

So does that mean the majority of Western Christians are Khazar, I don't think so but the statement from jolio "
    "European Jews who are Slavic and Turkic origin." IS A LIE
    Last edited by Samaritan; 14-12-2014 at 04:02 AM.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

4. Thanks hany thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand you jolio your only argument for many many thousands of posts and years that 90% of Ashkenazim are Khazar meaning what, what's the point, if it were true and it is not true, who would care.

You claim to be a believer fine, but if you do believe then the Bible is very consistant in who this land is to be given to and who it is not.

Islamic sites consistantly fail to mention that God himself tells Abraham that Ishmael shall not inherit the land and God says this several times in the same book of Genesis so I ask you jolio knowing what I say is the absolute truth (and you can check it out in the Bible) why should you give a damn who the Jews are, it does not concern you, it does not concern Islam, it does not concern Arabs.

They (the Arabs and Islam) should only care that God said several times in the Book of Genesis in the Bible that the land shall not be inherited by Ishmael.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
    I don't understand you jolio your only argument for many many thousands of posts and years that 90% of Ashkenazim are Khazar meaning what, what's the point, if it were true and it is not true, who would care.

You claim to be a believer fine, but if you do believe then the Bible is very consistant in who this land is to be given to and who it is not.

Islamic sites consistantly fail to mention that God himself tells Abraham that Ishmael shall not inherit the land and God says this several times in the same book of Genesis so I ask you jolio knowing what I say is the absolute truth (and you can check it out in the Bible) why should you give a damn who the Jews are, it does not concern you, it does not concern Islam, it does not concern Arabs.

They (the Arabs and Islam) should only care that God said several times in the Book of Genesis in the Bible that the land shall not be inherited by Ishmael.
    I am concern about my true cousins the Isaacs and descendants of our forefather Abraham. I am searching for descendants of David who are the legitimate rulers of people of Israel as per Torah.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am concern about my true cousins the Isaacs and descendants of our forefather Abraham. I am searching for descendants of David who are the legitimate rulers of people of Israel as per Torah.
    Which religion did your true cousins follow and which language did they speak?
    It’s ok if you disagree with me, I can’t force you to be right...

8. Thanks Semitic Duwa thanked for this post
    Likes Semitic Duwa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lebanon_not_Arabic View Post
    Which religion did your true cousins follow and which language did they speak?
    At present hundreds of languages and various faiths ( Judaism,Christianity, Islam, Atheisim and others )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why should you care, why should you care who the leader of Israel is. The legitimate rulers are those elected or appointed by the legitimate political parties and those are not found in the Torah.
    The Torah is not the law for the state of Israel.
    Why should you care what the Torah says about who the leaders of Israel are.
    Why should you care about the Torah you don't believe in what it says about who the Hebrew Nation is and you don't believe in God who told you that Ishmael has no inheritance whatsoever in the Holy land, not one speck of dirt is his by inheritance.

There are no Isaacs there never was.
    There are the Hebrew peoples and those who are Hebrew or to become Hebrew are definitively qualified in the Bible, the Book of Genesis in the same chapter that said this

19 And God said: 'Nay, but Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son; and thou shalt call his name Isaac; and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his seed after him.
    20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee; behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
    21 But My covenant will I establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

Twice God say NO TO ISHMAEL.

So why the interest, do not concern yourself with things that are not yours, you are like the man who desires another mans wife.
    Your searching is over 89% of all Ashkenazi Jews share DNA of Judean Jews of 2,000 years ago.
    Since we do not have a swab test of Abraham we cannot tell if they are his paternal children but we know the forefathers were Jews of Judea 2,000 years ago.
    You cannot prove you are a descendant of Ishmael or of the other two concubines of Abraham.
    There were after all Arabs living in the Arabian peninsula long before Ishmael and the concubine Hagar were expelled from Abraham and the other Hebrew people and you can easily be one of their descendants and not of any particular significance.
    Last edited by Samaritan; 14-12-2014 at 08:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At present hundreds of languages
    I was not talking about present time...
    It’s ok if you disagree with me, I can’t force you to be right...

12. Thanks Semitic Duwa thanked for this post
    Likes Semitic Duwa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lebanon_not_Arabic View Post
    I was not talking about present time...
    in the past used several languages like Aramaic, Assyrian, Arabic , Hebrew , Phoenician and other ancient semitic languages and dialects .