Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greco vs Persians

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Semitic Duwa View Post
    And? What I said about the Persian empire's satrapic administration still counts, that much is true.
    U mean ur heavy description? or fact that it was 'satrapic'. other empires until today seem like the same.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YOSS View Post
    U mean ur heavy description? or fact that it was 'satrapic'. other empires until today seem like the same.
    Yeah, that's what I thought... You simply don't know what you're talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Semitic Duwa View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought... You simply don't know what you're talking about.
    And what did I post in here to talk about anything at all?

Do you want exchange on this forum or what are you looking for exactly? So far you stated things all while assuming it's a different war...

Quite the statements for someone who was lost from the get-go.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@tFighterPilot; i'm interested to know why you thanked SD's post. I personally find it deeply flawed/misleading, not you?
    Because he correctly described the reasons for the fall of the Persian empire. Why?

5. Thanks Semitic Duwa thanked for this post
    Likes Semitic Duwa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tFighterPilot View Post
    Because he correctly described the reasons for the fall of the Persian empire. Why?
    I was thinking they fell cause they were attacked; was interested to see what a university student (or fresh grad) might think. What makes you agree with SD since Persia got invaded?
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking they fell cause they were attacked; was interested to see what a university student (or fresh grad) might think. What makes you agree with SD since Persia got invaded?
    I studied computer science, not history. I only took one choice course in the history of Mesopotamia in the first century BC (which was really only about the first half of it). I'm hardly an expert on the topic of 7th century Persia.

8. Thanks Semitic Duwa thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tFighterPilot View Post
    I studied computer science, not history. I only took one choice course in the history of Mesopotamia in the first century BC (which was really only about the first half of it). I'm hardly an expert on the topic of 7th century Persia.
    Oh I see. i understand. My bad.

Maybe you should limit your posts to the 'Tech Head' section? Worth a thought;.. I suppose.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I see. i understand. My bad.

Maybe you should limit your posts to the 'Tech Head' section? Worth a thought;.. I suppose.
    You know Yoss, this is pretty insulting of you to infer that someone should limit their freedom to voice their opinion on a subject. Many people can still read and discern from that reading an understanding of the subject, at least enough to form an opinion. For you to assume and suggest that a person should limit oneself to a subject they are more knowledgeable about suggests that you are afraid to debate and, by debating, enrich their knowledge on a subject for which you have not given your own views on.
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani

The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

11. Thanks Semitic Duwa, tFighterPilot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigwinnman View Post
    You know Yoss, this is pretty insulting of you to infer that someone should limit their freedom to voice their opinion on a subject. Many people can still read and discern from that reading an understanding of the subject, at least enough to form an opinion. For you to assume and suggest that a person should limit oneself to a subject they are more knowledgeable about suggests that you are afraid to debate and, by debating, enrich their knowledge on a subject for which you have not given your own views on.
    Now that was a good morning laugh. Sorry Greg, but this was funny.

Did you read this thread? it's only two pages. Did you see what I asked him before? Did you see the replies?

And what you typed to me here above is against everything you know of me so far. Still made sense to you to type out. It's quite funny.

You are actually telling Yoss - check that - chastising yoss and informing him that thru debate he can entice learning and that he (yoss) shows fear of debating? Yoss? wow..

That has got to be either something you drank before bed, or just your average Wednesday morning in November.

Have a great day Greg.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh and btw.. I didn't infer. I straight out told him.

Cheers Greg! Keep em coming!
    OneIsManyIsOne