User Tag List

Thread: Apple's reports of demise is highly exaggerated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Apple's reports of demise is highly exaggerated

Well now CuriousAmerican is missing in action on this Friday but he has been on the Apple hit squad for quite some time as his friend told us that Apple is on it's way to failure.
    Well I am happy to post that they are quite mistaken.

At new highs, Apple only starting to ripen: Analysts

Cadie Thompson | @CadieThompson
    4 Hours Ago

Apple is on a record-breaking streak. And the rally doesn't look like it's going to slow anytime soon, some analysts said.
    And with the stock creeping up, analysts are again whispering it might become the world's first trillion- dollar company.
    "After fading a bit from focus ... I think we can start to have that trillion-dollar discussion again," said Alex Gauna, an analyst at JMP Securities.
    The iPhone maker broke two of its own records on Thursday. Its stock price closed at an all-time high on at $112.82 and its market cap soared to a whopping $666.1 billion.
    And with soaring iPhone sales, new products in the pipeline and a Apple is on a record-breaking streak. And the rally doesn't look like it's going to slow anytime soon, some analysts said.
    And with the stock creeping up, analysts are again whispering it might become the world's first trillion- dollar company.
    "After fading a bit from focus ... I think we can start to have that trillion-dollar discussion again," said Alex Gauna, an analyst at JMP Securities.
    The iPhone maker broke two of its own records on Thursday. Its stock price closed at an all-time high on at $112.82 and its market cap soared to a whopping $666.1 billion.
    And with soaring iPhone sales, new products in the pipeline and a growing presence in new markets, some analysts said the stock could still have a ways to go.

However, he cautioned gross margins could pose a threat if Apple can't maintain premium pricing for its handsets in developing countries and if the cost of component parts significantly increases.

"This stock is coming from such a depressed valuation level. So it has a lot of makeup to do," said Brian White, an analyst of Cantor Fitzgerald.

"I think people got overly negative is the point, they got overly negative at the bottom. The stock was very, very inexpensive. There was a lot of fears around competitors eating into their share," White said.
    However, the launch of the iPhone 6, which addressed consumers' desire for a larger smartphone, and the launch of a new product, the Apple Watch, the company is now moving out of this depressed valuation, White said.
    So perhaps it is time to revisit the conversation about it becoming the first trillion-dollar market cap company, he added
    "When you look at our price target right now, we are at $143 so that gives it a market cap of over $800 billion, so we will have to see, but I think the trajectory has been very good," White, who has a 'buy' rating on the stock, said.

"So we'll have to monitor how the performance is. We have [a price target] at over $800 billion and it's already the largest company in the world. Whatever ends up happening, it's getting closer and closer by the day. I think that's very clear."

However I am keeping my iPhone 4s till it no longer functions, I still like it and all the others feel pretty cheap.
    Last edited by Samaritan; 15-11-2014 at 02:02 PM.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I know this all began because misinformed members (YOSS & CuriousAmerica) told us ad-infinitum that Apple was on it's way to the toilet and I said you fellows not know xxxx from shinola
    so this just breaking

Apple reports largest profit in history

Tim Bradshaw in San Francisco and Eric Platt in New York

Apple reported the largest net income of any public company in history in the three months to December, as record iPhone sales of 74.5m units beat even the most bullish Wall Street forecasts.
    “Demand for iPhone has been staggering, shattering our high expectations,” said Tim Cook, chief executive. “This volume is hard to comprehend.”

Apple has now shipped more than 1bn iPhones, iPads and iPods running its iOS operating system that launched in 2007.
    Apple’s net profit grew 37 per cent to $18bn, topping ExxonMobil’s previous quarterly record of $15.9bn in 2012, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices.
    The financial results and the iPhone’s strong performance come as a vindication for Mr Cook, who has seen off questions over whether anyone could succeed Apple’s late co-founder Steve Jobs. With pressure building to maintain the iPhone’s momentum, Mr Cook faces his next test in April with the launch of the Apple Watch, its first new device since the death of Jobs.

Sales of the iPhone leapt 46 per cent over the prior year in the crucial holiday shopping quarter, driven by the highest number of first-time buyers since the smartphone launched in 2007. Analysts say the performance brings Apple close to reclaiming its title from Samsung as the world’s largest smartphone maker by volumes.

First-quarter revenues at the company, now valued at $650bn by investors, grew 30 per cent year-on-year to $74.6bn. Earnings increased by 48 per cent to $3.06, well ahead of analysts’ estimates. “For a company of our size that is not a small feat,” said Luca Maestri, chief financial officer.
    Apple’s cash position at the end of the quarter stood at $142bn, net of debt. That is almost $23bn up on three months earlier, with 89 per cent of its cash now held outside the US.

Surging demand in China for the latest iPhones saw sales of the smartphone there double and drove revenues in the region 70 per cent higher to $16.1bn. However, the iPhone’s biggest market remained the US, despite analysts’ predictions that it would be overtaken by China in the quarter.
    Overall sales in the Americas grew 23 per cent to $30.6bn, with the US up 26 per cent.
    Tech Blog: Apple earnings call with Tim Cook

Expectations were high for Apple as it published its first-quarter earnings. Tim Bradshaw and Sarah Mishkin covered the news, earnings call and analyst reaction from San Francisco.
    Continue reading

“Our results would have been even stronger absent fierce foreign exchange volatility,” Mr Cook said on a conference call with analysts. Mr Maestri said that the company was considering “realigning” pricing of its products in Russia, a very unusual move between new product launches, due to the tumbling rouble.
    Shares in the company rose 5.8 per cent in after-market trading to $115.42.
    Apple’s gross margin rose 2 percentage points to 39.9 per cent, its highest in more than two years.
    While Apple did not reveal sales of individual iPhone models, a $50 increase in its average selling price to $687 suggests that the larger 6 Plus experienced strong sales.
    “Demand [for iPhones] has been so strong we haven’t been able to reach supply and demand balance until this month,” Mr Maestri said.
    However, the iPad remained a weak spot, with unit sales dropping 18 per cent to 21.4m, as Apple’s tablet computer faces growing competition from cheaper devices and existing customers delay upgrading.
    For the quarter ending in March, Apple said it expected between $52bn and $55bn in revenues, with a gross margin of 38.5-39.5 per cent.
    “We feel very good about the guidance considering the fact we are going to have some significant foreign exchange headwinds,” Mr Maestri said, without which it would be forecasting margins to increase further.

Remember it's profits first not the price of stock because stocks are not
    necessarily based on actual profitability
    Last edited by Samaritan; 28-01-2015 at 03:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone I know has an iPhone.
    every household has one. And if their preferred choice of phone is say a (cough) Android device then someone else within that household has also an iPhone or iPad.
    my cousin bought an iMac when his laptop crashed a few weeks ago, impressive to say the least.
    my next laptop, once my HP one dies, will be an iMac. Screw windows. I never forgave Microsoft or Bill Gates for Purposely destroying Netscape Navigator. Their IE Browser is still crap by the way.

4. Thanks Samaritan thanked for this post
    Likes Samaritan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shreek View Post
    Everyone I know has an iPhone.
    every household has one. And if their preferred choice of phone is say a (cough) Android device then someone else within that household has also an iPhone or iPad.
    my cousin bought an iMac when his laptop crashed a few weeks ago, impressive to say the least.
    my next laptop, once my HP one dies, will be an iMac. Screw windows. I never forgave Microsoft or Bill Gates for Purposely destroying Netscape Navigator. Their IE Browser is still crap by the way.
    I remember when you first made the purchase years ago....I confess I was jealous, but stubborn enough it resist till my piece of garbage phone stopped working finally it died in between the 4S and 5, so I have a pristine 4S and will keep it till it no longer serves my needs.

shreek the secret of purchasing a Mac is to buy one refurbished from Apple, that's if you can do so in OZ, no problem here. Same warranty and if you purchase with American Express they give you additional year add the Apple warranty for additional years and you are set.
    Applecare for a desktop is very reasonable. I did the One-to -One for 99 dollars and it was a good deal well worth it you can spend the next year learning about Mac all day if you had the energy, interest and time.
    I still use a PC for a project and updated it yesterday after the other desktop PC just became impossible due to age. I officially retired the HP PC yesterday I'll keep the hard drive.
    My MacAir is the greatest. Theoretically as long as Apple will service the product and the software which is Apple proprietary software is still applicable then you have a functioning machine.
    I imagine 10 to 15 years is not unheard of an 10 years would be a piece of cake.
    In about 90 days I'll buy a 27 inch iMac and that will do for a while.

good choice for you go Mac
    Last edited by Samaritan; 30-01-2015 at 03:43 AM.