User Tag List

Thread: Galaxy Tab vs Ipad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Galaxy Tab vs Ipad

Please list all the stuff you particularly find differentiate the two from each other and overall impressions.

After a couple of hours of fiddling around with it, i'm mixed.

At first, I got a question: anyone using android felt they were selling their mother each time you tried to install a new app? And everything is linked to some kind of google / google affiliated profiling process? They literally tell you: ur profile info, ur ip, ur mac address, ur, ur, even they say we may come in check on harmful behavior on ur tablet. Some options u can't change. Like app auto update. No checkbox on it. ur updating means ur updating.

I must admit, I feel I own my ipad, but i'm borrowing my galaxy tab, is my impression so far.

The design: if you put ur tab down, its literally using the camera as it's pillow. And, my tab is a galaxy 4. 3MP Camera

The minimum equivalent from apple is 5MP.

I'll limit to this so far, I suppose it's almost a hundred bucks cheaper and it explains things too.

If anyone has feedback I'd appreciate it. I'd like to know what makes so many swear by android and would never go to ios. I'm new to android, so I don't have enough info and would like the express lane
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YOSS View Post
    Please list all the stuff you particularly find differentiate the two from each other and overall impressions.

After a couple of hours of fiddling around with it, i'm mixed.

At first, I got a question: anyone using android felt they were selling their mother each time you tried to install a new app? And everything is linked to some kind of google / google affiliated profiling process? They literally tell you: ur profile info, ur ip, ur mac address, ur, ur, even they say we may come in check on harmful behavior on ur tablet. Some options u can't change. Like app auto update. No checkbox on it. ur updating means ur updating.

I must admit, I feel I own my ipad, but i'm borrowing my galaxy tab, is my impression so far.

The design: if you put ur tab down, its literally using the camera as it's pillow. And, my tab is a galaxy 4. 3MP Camera

The minimum equivalent from apple is 5MP.

I'll limit to this so far, I suppose it's almost a hundred bucks cheaper and it explains things too.

If anyone has feedback I'd appreciate it. I'd like to know what makes so many swear by android and would never go to ios. I'm new to android, so I don't have enough info and would like the express lane
    good luck with the galaxy there's a learning curve, looking forward to an ongoing review.
    We need more real comparisons not what some post, good job YOSS...ps went to visit the 27 iMac today......very nice..
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
    good luck with the galaxy there's a learning curve, looking forward to an ongoing review.
    We need more real comparisons not what some post, good job YOSS...ps went to visit the 27 iMac today......very nice..
    Thanks Sir. Ur too kind. Do i get a treat?
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YOSS View Post
    Thanks Sir. Ur too kind. Do i get a treat?
    Yes the pleasure of a kind response...take care YOSS enjoy the new android experiences.

You'll like this story, I decided to go to AT&T to pay the bill normally I do it on line but I was out and about today so I walked in and the first thing you see is the iPhone display and then the iPad's however the two phones were gone, I asked they must be so popular you fellows don't even have demo phones. His answer was they were nicked a few hours before in a slash and grap.
    Now this is not a bad part of town and you have to ask why steal iPhones, if it were me that was on the job I'd go for the diamond store across the road let's face it, the old adage never steal anything small, after all you do the same time.
    Stealing iPhones well now...they had their choice didn't they but they chose Apple didn't they, now YOSS if that ain't one hell of an endorsement I don't know what is.hahhahaha

iPhone 6 and 6 plus worth going to jail for........

and there's your treat for this year.lol
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
    Yes the pleasure of a kind response...take care YOSS enjoy the new android experiences.

You'll like this story, I decided to go to AT&T to pay the bill normally I do it on line but I was out and about today so I walked in and the first thing you see is the iPhone display and then the iPad's however the two phones were gone, I asked they must be so popular you fellows don't even have demo phones. His answer was they were nicked a few hours before in a slash and grap.
    Now this is not a bad part of town and you have to ask why steal iPhones, if it were me that was on the job I'd go for the diamond store across the road let's face it, the old adage never steal anything small, after all you do the same time.
    Stealing iPhones well now...they had their choice didn't they but they chose Apple didn't they, now YOSS if that ain't one hell of an endorsement I don't know what is.hahhahaha

iPhone 6 and 6 plus worth going to jail for........

and there's your treat for this year.lol
    these might go to jail for stealing money Sam. the iphone has such a charm that people buy it instantly, always waiting lists. Robbers can convert that into cash instantly, and robbing the jewelry in front is just too risky, different security measures.

The question you need to be asking is does apple also gather all this info that android is telling you each time the equivalent of: 'by installing this app we will profile you'?

If so, then, some belated Halloween math is necessary ya Sammy.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Never really used an Ipad (they look cool though), had a couple Samsung tabs but once I tried out my Acer Iconia W510 with Windows on it, I never returned.

I am not a fan of signing in left and right to download programs, I like to stick with what I am most familiar with- which is Windows.

The option to use it in desktop mode has done great service, the vast majority of apps can also be used by the Windows.

Its not your question, but it might be worth your while to go to Best Buy and play on an Acer Iconia for a few minutes. I didn't like it at first, but I gradually converted back.

7. Thanks YOSS thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaan View Post
    Never really used an Ipad (they look cool though), had a couple Samsung tabs but once I tried out my Acer Iconia W510 with Windows on it, I never returned.

I am not a fan of signing in left and right to download programs, I like to stick with what I am most familiar with- which is Windows.

The option to use it in desktop mode has done great service, the vast majority of apps can also be used by the Windows.

Its not your question, but it might be worth your while to go to Best Buy and play on an Acer Iconia for a few minutes. I didn't like it at first, but I gradually converted back.
    It would be interesting to know if these alert messages android gives when installing and/updating an app, that tell you: your photos will be accessed, ur contacts, ur email, ur settings, etc. , are they actually happening on the IOS as well just without such notifications?

Frankly this tab I use it to watch US Netflix. Hola doesn't exist for ios. And US Netflix is where most my goodies are

In 2 weeks the ISP's will reduce prices. I'm probably gonna go for the iphone 6 not 6+. Less size = less chance of bending.

That damn loyalty in me isn't washing away
    OneIsManyIsOne