Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yoss, a couple of questions:
    1- what is your connection , NBN?
    2- what are you paying per month to claim that cable is $40 dearer?
    Quote Originally Posted by YOSS View Post
    I have adsl 25mb down, and 10 up. upto to 100 down is available. I also get TV on it. HD and all. And my speed very rarely fluctuates. and it's less costly than cable by 30-40 bucks a months at least.

why ppl still pay for cable's higher price? if anyone knows?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
    Yoss, a couple of questions:
    1- what is your connection , NBN?
    2- what are you paying per month to claim that cable is $40 dearer?
    What's nbn? It's a fiber optic and thru telephone wire.

for internet i pay 44+tax.

The local cable company, a huge conglomerate, are probably the worst customer service, the highest rates, and hidden charges. They always force sending a tech and charging you for; they charge activation, they until recently, split the bandwidth between up & down, and do so in fine prints... and the speed isn't stable coz cable is shared not dedicated to you. And are followers in all improvements coz the got 99+ years leases with most buildings which give them exclusivity and they take their sweet ass time, and milk customers. Dsl & TV thru a telephone line came as a life saver to many.

All
    Last edited by YOSS; 13-10-2014 at 02:53 AM.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your modem may have been the issue. Especially if it's a modem for internet and TV as well.

Cable speed isn't guaranteed. if too many ppl have cable in ur area using it at one time, ur connection will slow down. With dsl it's always one connection.

Ur DSL company may be compressing data to get faster speeds, which not all modems work on. I had same issues as you for a couple of months until last Saturday they sent me a new modem (fancy stuff) and it's great now. HD TV & 25meg (10 upload) & telephone, all on one little phone jack, and costs me 40 bucks less per month than cable.

no i am not close to the exchange so speed is crap.
    i phoned them ignorantly asking if they can increase speed they cannot at all, cable you can.

i pay only $10 extra a month on cable YOSS i use IPTV software to watch arabic and sports and movies on my TV box.
    ADSL cant handle it where i am anyway.

as for NBN, ehh peter keep waiting, unless u live in a pricey suburb u got a long wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shreek View Post
    no i am not close to the exchange so speed is crap.
    i phoned them ignorantly asking if they can increase speed they cannot at all, cable you can.

i pay only $10 extra a month on cable YOSS i use IPTV software to watch arabic and sports and movies on my TV box.
    ADSL cant handle it where i am anyway.

as for NBN, ehh peter keep waiting, unless u live in a pricey suburb u got a long wait.
    My 30-40$ more is on the package not just I-net of course. It's probably why Botrous Tanjra's inquiring.

They are investing into an National Broadband Network since 2005; I suppose we should hear of it soon.

What's the iptv software you use? A Lebanese lady works at the phone company is arranging unlimited bandwidth for me in case I want to get my TV over the internet. She uses Roku.

Any recommendations?
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 30-40$ more is on the package not just I-net of course. It's probably why Botrous Tanjra's inquiring.

They are investing into an National Broadband Network since 2005; I suppose we should hear of it soon.

What's the iptv software you use? A Lebanese lady works at the phone company is arranging unlimited bandwidth for me in case I want to get my TV over the internet. She uses Roku.

Any recommendations?

mate i use XBMC open source software on my Box, but can be used for any platform - check http://xbmc.org/download/

you use the PVR software built within it and add repositories, any.......sport, movies, tv, arabic, etc. all pay tv channels.

it is a Pay TV killer, this is why Foxtel, a cable TV provider here is offering free installation, half price for 6 months etc etc.
    why pay when, if you already pay for Internet and have Cable and a good speed, you can use this software?

my Uncle pays for Arabic TV $50 a month, and doesn't even come close to my list of channels (all Middle Eastern Channels). lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bad news Sammy, seems my winds are nosying onto the android world. This XBMC business isn't bad.
    @shreek; I installed it on laptop, and i like it. I watched Dr No yesterday in 720p!

It's not your best user friendly tv box for women for example, (sorry sonya, but you're in the exception pool) but once they get used to it. I'm considering one, Quad core, 2Gig ram, 8 gig drive, can play 3D and 4K (ultra HD). PLUS a Rii wireless keyboard and pad.. living room table now will soon have a permanent keyboard fixture on it.

Apple TV lost Sammy. CA was right.

Samsung galaxy phone will be ordered soon, and galaxy tab should arrive any day now in mail.
    @Samaritan;
    @CuriousAmerican;
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad news Sammy, seems my winds are nosying onto the android world. This XBMC business isn't bad.
    @shreek; I installed it on laptop, and i like it. I watched Dr No yesterday in 720p!

It's not your best user friendly tv box for women for example, (sorry sonya, but you're in the exception pool) but once they get used to it. I'm considering one, Quad core, 2Gig ram, 8 gig drive, can play 3D and 4K (ultra HD). PLUS a Rii wireless keyboard and pad.. living room table now will soon have a permanent keyboard fixture on it.

Apple TV lost Sammy. CA was right.

Samsung galaxy phone will be ordered soon, and galaxy tab should arrive any day now in mail.
    @Samaritan;
    @CuriousAmerican;
    CA right good luck with that one.You never bought in YOSS not really, Mac is unbeatable. It's like buttah!
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
    CA right good luck with that one.You never bought in YOSS not really, Mac is unbeatable. It's like buttah!
    There's the sad point of view tho, that when you check out the true OCEAN of possibilities with android... one has to stop and think. @shreek; suggested the use of Kodi or XBMC as previously known, you should download it Sammy, while it still sucks with links not working, it's still the best add on you can make to your living room.

Apple has many apps, but android caught on, and is about to surpass apple is my oraclelizing for this matter.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's the sad point of view tho, that when you check out the true OCEAN of possibilities with android... one has to stop and think. @shreek; suggested the use of Kodi or XBMC as previously known, you should download it Sammy, while it still sucks with links not working, it's still the best add on you can make to your living room.

Apple has many apps, but android caught on, and is about to surpass apple is my oraclelizing for this matter.
    Apps....well here's neutral article written in 2014 prior to iPhone 6 and 6 plus release.
    There is no ocean of possibilities YOSS you still don't understand perhaps maybe someday you will, but I understand you have never owned a Mac and you don't realize that an important feature is for all devices to sync with each other.
    I am not intersted in that matter at the moment

“The services I used the most were right there at my fingertips, in less than half an hour,” he wrote. “It’s true that there’s a difference in the apps available for iOS and Android, and that iOS still tends to get new apps first, but for me at least, there was nothing missing. I realised the apps I used the most were multi-platform, third-party and free to download.”
    There are clear differences between the iOS-powered iPhone and Android devices, and Westaway noted a few of them in his piece. In the end, however, both platforms are comparable and more than capable of getting the job done, and one is not inherently better than the other.
    http://bgr.com/2014/05/07/iphone-vs-...arison-switch/

Who would claim to be that, who was not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
    Apps....well here's neutral article written in 2014 prior to iPhone 6 and 6 plus release.
    There is no ocean of possibilities YOSS you still don't understand perhaps maybe someday you will, but I understand you have never owned a Mac and you don't realize that an important feature is for all devices to sync with each other.
    I am not intersted in that matter at the moment

Well, i'm about to power up a galaxy tab and use android for the first time. i'll let u know. and from me, u know at least it's the real original thing; not some politically correct article.
    OneIsManyIsOne