User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Famous Gazan Tweeter was a Christian?!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103

    Default Famous Gazan Tweeter was a Christian?!

    This was her Twitter account:

    https://twitter.com/Farah_Gazan




    The gal looked upbeat, almost Western! And look at those baby blue - or are they green - eyes on that Kewpie doll face?

    Another image:

    You decide: Blue or green?



    Looks more green with a hint of hazel to me. Could be the lighting though.

    So how did she get those lovely European Crusader blue/green eyes if she was Muslim?! Intermarriage?!

    Well, I looked to her twitter account today, and I noticed this: She has 200 K followers.

    https://twitter.com/Farah_Gazan/stat...11462276452352

    #selfie with my classmates #HolyFamilySchoolGaza #Gaza







    She goes to a Catholic School! She seems to be Christian. No hijabs or burqas in that group.

    This might explain where her crusader eyes which likely came from .... A CRUSADER!

    Her command of English is spectacular.


    They even noticed her in Argentina



    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvQYko_CEAAauwd.jpg:large


    Her last name has been listed as Baker which I - apparently wrongly - assumed was an Anglicization of Baqr, the father-in-law of Mohammed, and so I assumed - apparently wrongly - that she was Muslim.

    A CRUSADER?!

    Who knows, Farah Baker might be distantly related to Samaritan - if his pedigree is to be trusted.

    Could it be that her family kept the Christian faith?! Wonderful?! Even better than Sammy?!

    I suspect that prospect of a distant relation to Samaritan wouldn't thrill her.

    But wait, I see this ....

    https://twitter.com/Farah_Gazan/stat...41284185358337

    I hope it rains today, so that the rain will irrigate the martyrs in their graves #Gaza

    That does not sound Christian to me; but then 16 year old girls are not masters of theology. She might have been using acquired Islamic terminology.


    And now I am wondering again. Could she be Muslim, merely a Muslim going to Christian school? Who knows?

    Interestinger and Interestinger.

    She posts a lot about Eid al-Adha.

    Well, no matter what ... she seems to be an intelligent and beautiful Arab lady.

    Looks like a great kid.
    Last edited by CuriousAmerican; 08-10-2014 at 07:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103

    Default

    Oops! Found out she is Muslim. She fasted for Ramadan.

    Ouch!




    Well, this won't go over well with Sammy.

    Qassam resistance just thrown a rocket to Israel. Allahu Akbar pray for them











    • RETWEETS26
    • FAVORITES19


    8:33 AM - 10 Jul 2014


    What can I say?





    Last edited by CuriousAmerican; 08-10-2014 at 07:39 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    These guys like showing off their European looking girls to the cameras. They know that Europeans are much more likely to identify with someone who looks like them.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Badaro
    Posts
    3,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    106

    Default

    CA you have been following and an historical admirer of the middle east for sometime now, so it surprises me that you still show a little ignorance here and there.

    firstly, going by names is a no no, unless it is blatantly obvious, like having a name Mohamed, do not assume religious attributes.
    i once met a Maroun El-Husseini in Lebanon and most of the Hachem family there are christians. El-Husseini and El-Hachem are not only 100% Muslim names but are also Sayed's; related to the Prophet Mohamed.

    secondly, i dont know how it is in the US, but Catholic or Christian Private schools in the Middle East accept non-Christians and most, if not all Muslims send their children to these schools, not because they are Christian schools per se, but because they have the best teachers and teaching facilities.

    thirdly, even if she was christian, most non lebanese christians except maybe for the Assyrians, are Arabised to a heavy degree and will exclaim loudly calls for martyrdom and the like.

    the only point i will grant you is the physical appearance, but just.

  5. Likes Samaritan liked this post
  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    120 N Main St, Hannibal, MO 63401
    Posts
    7,840
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousAmerican View Post
    This was her Twitter account:

    https://twitter.com/Farah_Gazan




    The gal looked upbeat, almost Western! And look at those baby blue - or are they green - eyes on that Kewpie doll face?

    Another image:

    You decide: Blue or green?



    Looks more green with a hint of hazel to me. Could be the lighting though.

    So how did she get those lovely European Crusader blue/green eyes if she was Muslim?! Intermarriage?!

    Well, I looked to her twitter account today, and I noticed this: She has 200 K followers.

    https://twitter.com/Farah_Gazan/stat...11462276452352

    #selfie with my classmates #HolyFamilySchoolGaza #Gaza







    She goes to a Catholic School! She seems to be Christian. No hijabs or burqas in that group.

    This might explain where her crusader eyes which likely came from .... A CRUSADER!

    Her command of English is spectacular.


    They even noticed her in Argentina



    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvQYko_CEAAauwd.jpg:large


    Her last name has been listed as Baker which I - apparently wrongly - assumed was an Anglicization of Baqr, the father-in-law of Mohammed, and so I assumed - apparently wrongly - that she was Muslim.

    A CRUSADER?!

    Who knows, Farah Baker might be distantly related to Samaritan - if his pedigree is to be trusted.

    Could it be that her family kept the Christian faith?! Wonderful?! Even better than Sammy?!

    I suspect that prospect of a distant relation to Samaritan wouldn't thrill her.

    But wait, I see this ....

    https://twitter.com/Farah_Gazan/stat...41284185358337

    I hope it rains today, so that the rain will irrigate the martyrs in their graves #Gaza

    That does not sound Christian to me; but then 16 year old girls are not masters of theology. She might have been using acquired Islamic terminology.


    And now I am wondering again. Could she be Muslim, merely a Muslim going to Christian school? Who knows?

    Interestinger and Interestinger.

    She posts a lot about Eid al-Adha.

    Well, no matter what ... she seems to be an intelligent and beautiful Arab lady.

    Looks like a great kid.
    Who knows, Farah Baker might be distantly related to Samaritan - if his pedigree is to be trusted.
    lol to quote Malone from the movie The Untouchables

    http://www.hark.com/clips/fnxtqvgtjc-who-would-claim-to-be-that-who-was-not


    going on a decade of trustworthy service.


    You CuriousAmerican have this thing for physical imaginative genetic story telling, as if you can make an observation based on physical attributions and build a story around it.

    You are not alone many share this behavior including the nonsense racial theorists of the 19th and early 20th century and they proved untrustworthy.

    I base my pedigree if that's the term (which I find distasteful) on three gateway ancestors which are fairly well researched and found on the web as well as original source documentation.
    Could it be that her family kept the Christian faith?! Wonderful?! Even better than Sammy?!

    I suspect that prospect of a distant relation to Samaritan wouldn't thrill her.
    As for Christ well many people have seen the truth and made up their minds based on the word of God not on what man created.

    Her last name has been listed as Baker which I - apparently wrongly - assumed was an Anglicization of Baqr, the father-in-law of Mohammed, and so I assumed - apparently wrongly - that she was Muslim.
    Lastly, until recently people did not have last names they were known from where they were from, profession or maybe a physical attribute or malady.

    As a descendant of a gateway Gaines/ Games/Gam family our forefather Dafydd ap Llewelyn ap Hywel aka Dafydd Gam or Davy Gam (Hero of the Battle of Agincourt) was known to have a physical deformity but it did not stop him from becoming a legend.

    for more on one of my illustrious relative I direct you to wikipedia, not the most perfect of sources but for the curious a good place to begin

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dafydd_Gam

    now be off with you ya damned scoundrel
    Last edited by Samaritan; 09-10-2014 at 12:59 AM.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
    You CuriousAmerican have this thing for physical imaginative genetic story telling, as if you can make an observation based on physical attributions and build a story around it.
    Nonsense! There are certain phenotypical traits which do indicate origins particularly when they are recessive.

    1) Blue eyes - recessive trait which has to come from both sides of the family, and indicate a high amount of Caucasian ancestry

    2) Red hair - very, very recessive, which has to come from both sides of the family, and indicate a high amount of ancestry. Highest concentrations found in Western Celts, and Ugric Russians.,

    If one has red hair, once can assume, with a good degree of confidence, ancestry from one of those those people - who might be related. Scottic/Irish legend claim a distant origin north of the Black Sea (where the Ugric Russians are now found)

    3) epicanthic eye folds - which indicates East Asian ancestry, and gives Japanese girls those lovely eyes.

    4) I believe African (nappy/Afro) curls are recessive.

    Note: Fair hair is not clearly recessive, but can appear in youth, but darken with age.

    Fair hair in adulthood, however, indicates ancestry.

    Certain pheotypical traits are genetic markers which do indicate origins.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post

    You are not alone many share this behavior including the nonsense racial theorists of the 19th and early 20th century and they proved untrustworthy.

    The racial theorists erred is ascribing inferiority or superiority to the traits. I do not ascribe inferiority or superiority to the traits.

    But they do mark ancestry. Do not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

    If you have epicanthic eye folds then you are probably part East Asian.

    Simple Mendelian genetics.

    As for the blonde girl in front of the Israeli soldiers ... I would not be surprised if she is part Bushnaq.

    There was a migration of Yugoslavian Muslims to the area after the Turks were kicked out of the Balkans. These were Slavic converts to Islam. Turkey used them as militiamen.

    If she is not Bushnaq, she may be part Crusader, or both.

    Last edited by CuriousAmerican; 09-10-2014 at 03:42 AM.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
    Lastly, until recently people did not have last names they were known from where they were from, profession or maybe a physical attribute or malady.
    Oh! Really. Last names are not an indicator of ancestry, only profession?

    Whenever I see the name Cohen, I assume Jewish ancestry.

    Whenever I see the name Khouri, I assume Arab Christian ancestry

    If I see the name McDonald, I assume Celtic ancestry.

    Von, Van, etc.

    One can make educated guess with a high degree of accuracy, if one ignores political correctness.

    Names and phenotypes are very good indicators as a rule.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tFighterPilot View Post
    These guys like showing off their European looking girls to the cameras. They know that Europeans are much more likely to identify with someone who looks like them.
    All people do it.

    You would be amazed, when watching Israeli shows, how Israeli propagandists like to focus in on Kippots.

    It is like American Westerns. The good guy worse white hats, and the villain wore black.

    Only in Israeli propaganda, the good guys wear Kippots.

    Everybody identifies with their own.

    There is nothing disingenuous in using that human trait to their own benefit. The Arabs were smart to apply it.

    So do the Israelis.

    Almost all Israeli spokesmen are Ashkenazi (European) Jews. Do they ever lead with a Falasha?

  10. Likes tFighterPilot liked this post
  11. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shreek View Post
    firstly, going by names is a no no, unless it is blatantly obvious, like having a name Mohamed, do not assume religious attributes.
    i once met a Maroun El-Husseini in Lebanon and most of the Hachem family there are christians. El-Husseini and El-Hachem are not only 100% Muslim names but are also Sayed's; related to the Prophet Mohamed.
    You can guess he has Muslim ancestors. Someone intermarried or converted.

    The Maroun (St Maroun) indicates a possible intermarriage and conversion with a Maronite.

    Maybe? Maybe not!

    The point I was making was ancestry.


    In Farah Baker's case, she almost certainly has a degree of Roman, or Crusader ancestry or recent European ancestry.

  12. Thanks tFighterPilot thanked for this post
    Dislikes tFighterPilot disliked this post
  13. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    120 N Main St, Hannibal, MO 63401
    Posts
    7,840
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousAmerican View Post
    Nonsense! There are certain phenotypical traits which do indicate origins particularly when they are recessive.

    1) Blue eyes - recessive trait which has to come from both sides of the family, and indicate a high amount of Caucasian ancestry

    2) Red hair - very, very recessive, which has to come from both sides of the family, and indicate a high amount of ancestry. Highest concentrations found in Western Celts, and Ugric Russians.,

    If one has red hair, once can assume, with a good degree of confidence, ancestry from one of those those people - who might be related. Scottic/Irish legend claim a distant origin north of the Black Sea (where the Ugric Russians are now found)

    3) epicanthic eye folds - which indicates East Asian ancestry, and gives Japanese girls those lovely eyes.

    4) I believe African (nappy/Afro) curls are recessive.

    Note: Fair hair is not clearly recessive, but can appear in youth, but darken with age.

    Fair hair in adulthood, however, indicates ancestry.

    Certain pheotypical traits are genetic markers which do indicate origins.




    The racial theorists erred is ascribing inferiority or superiority to the traits. I do not ascribe inferiority or superiority to the traits.

    But they do mark ancestry. Do not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

    If you have epicanthic eye folds then you are probably part East Asian.

    Simple Mendelian genetics.

    As for the blonde girl in front of the Israeli soldiers ... I would not be surprised if she is part Bushnaq.

    There was a migration of Yugoslavian Muslims to the area after the Turks were kicked out of the Balkans. These were Slavic converts to Islam. Turkey used them as militiamen.

    If she is not Bushnaq, she may be part Crusader, or both.



    lol look at you ya fool, blue eyes-green eyes means Crusader ancestry and you have the unmitigated gall and veracity to bring me into your psychotic adventure not only once but three times...give us a break you obsessed lunatic.

    Soon you will be looking at skull shapes.
    I don't do DNA genealogy it's a very narrow group of people identified as common acestary with a certain individual however, for signatures of commonality then it has it's place.
    SD can give us an opinion on your theories, so far I don't think you know what your talking about besides parroting the obvious which passes as common knowledge.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •