User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer is the Worst Browser out there today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Internet Explorer is the Worst Browser out there today.

That's it. Summed up. Not much else to say.

OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually IE is not bad at all, just a bit slow.

Google Chrome is fast, but does less (I used Google Chrome most of the time)

Firefox has deteriorated.

Safari is worthless, but looks nice, but I do not like it.

Opera is not good.

I use IE or Chrome. IE is low, but not bad.

IE is actually, functionally the best of the lot, just not esthetical.

For speed, you cannot beat Google Chrome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ur correct about Safari. I know Sammy will come in defending it.

Firefox, in recent weeks, have changed something in an update that makes it eat memory. If you keep several tabs opened, ur doomed.

IE is bad on all fronts. I'm surprised you find it good. and it's not just memory usage. It has to apps or add ons, it's changes the links in open tabs when u close and reopen closed tabs, it eats lots of memory, it sometimes reopens with some of previous tabs missing, and I now why this happens. Due to memory load, you close IE, but in processes it's not closed yet. Each tab has it's own memory usage. So if some tabs persist, and others close, IE eventually reopens the tabs - when u ask it on next opening of IE - it reopens the ones that were stuck in memory, or the others that closed properly...

Also, with flash & java? forget about it. I always have trouble opening videos in facebook, youtube, I get an exclamation mark.

Except memory usage, firefox and chrome pass all other issues.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Safari numero uno....never a problem but then I run a Mac, now you boys may be fiddling around with things where they don't need fiddling, I'll bet you fellows stick a dynaflow tranny on a Packard Straight Eight and think it's tidily winks when it don't work.

Buy a Mac and live like God wants you to live.

leave all that rubbish where it belongs, if you have the iPhone what in the hell are you doing with Gates xxxx and the xxxx manufactures that use it, get your devices to sync, so much easier, if not it's like walking around with two different shoes. lol.....it's so damn simple, you boys just slay me hahhahahahahha
    Last edited by Samaritan; 07-10-2014 at 06:14 AM.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

.lol.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh yea, and the only browser that on this site, I have to refresh page before attempting to edit what I just posted.. otherwise, u click edit, type, then when u click save, nada happens.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YOSS View Post
    Oh yea, and the only browser that on this site, I have to refresh page before attempting to edit what I just posted.. otherwise, u click edit, type, then when u click save, nada happens.
    He is a Mac Fanboy.

Chrome is the best.

For serious work, still go with IE, even if it is a memory bear.

The problem I have with Chrome is that it remains in Memory after you close it and I have to kill it in task manager if I want to restart it.

Firefox is old and buggy. It is horrificially inelegant. Never liked it. Though it does have some plugins I like.

Safari is awful. Has little options. Jobs version of Zen makes Safari too simple.

Chrome for everyday use.

IE for serious use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
    leave all that rubbish where it belongs, if you have the iPhone what in the hell are you doing with Gates xxxx and the xxxx manufactures that use it, get your devices to sync, so much easier, if not it's like walking around with two different shoes. lol.....it's so damn simple, you boys just slay me hahhahahahahha
    Apple is starting to make iphones and laptops non-upgradeable. They solder parts in.

What is with that?

That is crap.

My nephew has Windows and my sister iPhone.

Cortina beats Siri. Has more info.

Only on high end laptops with the MacBook Pro 15" (has to be maxed out though) does Apple win out due to a top notch video card.

But Lenovo offers high end 17" laptops while Mac does not.

The Retina display had ghosting problems for a while.

But if one ignores that - and it seems to be minor - then Retina is about as good as it gets. High end Lenovo beats Retina with 4K resolutions which are even greater.

But Retina is about the limit of the human eye, so 4K is unnecessary.

The problem now is Windows.

While Technically brilliant, Windows is an esthetic, unfriendly, nightmare. PC makers are starting to go to Linux and Android.

Windows 10 will sell but only because people are fed up of Win 8.

It will not be because people love Windows. People will stay with Windows 7 for decades. In fact, right now, people are downgrading to Windows 7, and the number of people on Win 8 is dropping.

Touch screens should have won the market for Windows on their laptops, but Windows implements the technology so horribly that people hate it.

PCs still rule, but Windows will take a beating.
    Last edited by CuriousAmerican; 07-10-2014 at 08:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousAmerican View Post
    He is a Mac Fanboy.

Chrome is the best.

For serious work, still go with IE, even if it is a memory bear.

The problem I have with Chrome is that it remains in Memory after you close it and I have to kill it in task manager if I want to restart it.

Firefox is old and buggy. It is horrificially inelegant. Never liked it. Though it does have some plugins I like.

Safari is awful. Has little options. Jobs version of Zen makes Safari too simple.

Chrome for everyday use.

IE for serious use.
    haha typical, No I like things that work not junk.
    Mac is beautiful outside as well as inside, the Apple Service ...there is none better and the OS well that goes without being said, 20 plus years of Gates xxxx makes me know the difference between the smell of roses and that of xxxx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousAmerican View Post
    Apple is starting to make iphones and laptops non-upgradeable. They solder parts in.

What is with that?

That is crap.

My nephew has Windows and my sister iPhone.

Cortina beats Siri. Has more info.

Only on high end laptops with the MacBook Pro 15" (has to be maxed out though) does Apple win out due to a top notch video card.

But Lenovo offers high end 17" laptops while Mac does not.

The Retina display had ghosting problems for a while.

But if one ignores that - and it seems to be minor - then Retina is about as good as it gets. High end Lenovo beats Retina with 4K resolutions which are even greater.

But Retina is about the limit of the human eye, so 4K is unnecessary.

The problem now is Windows.

While Technically brilliant, Windows is an esthetic, unfriendly, nightmare. PC makers are starting to go to Linux and Android.

Windows 10 will sell but only because people are fed up of Win 8.

It will not be because people love Windows. People will stay with Windows 7 for decades. In fact, right now, people are downgrading to Windows 7, and the number of people on Win 8 is dropping.

Touch screens should have won the market for Windows on their laptops, but Windows implements the technology so horribly that people hate it.

PCs still rule, but Windows will take a beating.
    LOL...you are dreaming.
    What's the data of PC users switching to Mac and going back to PC.
    How many Mac owners switch to PC .....

Who in his right mind would go back ....hardly anyone and the same with the phone.

Now I am no fan of the iPhone 6's but they plenty of buyers willing to pay the big bucks. I'll hold for the Saffire case until then iPhone 4s is a perfect fit, quality, rugged and class.......just like de Sam man....