User Tag List

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Half of Iraq under ISIS, Good job America!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Semitic Duwa;

You clearly spoke to the arabic mentality that preceded islam, or perhaps one that islam was born into? you made it clear, you spoke of arabs as a race, and distinguished it from islamic influence by stating it as pre-islamic. So my question stands: what is it about the arabs - especially prior to islam, that makes you say what you said on previous page.

2. Your reply here doesn't answer anything. it jumbles things up to the extent it can be suspected as an attempt to correct what you said.

So, are you digressing? or do you have a clarification for what you said "I'd go even to say that this is due to arab mentality pre-islam"... i paraphrased. but coz its late, im tired, don't feel like going back a page, and this forum's software is dying. Anyone noticed we can reply with quote anymore? I've tried 2 browsers.

Good night.

oh.thanks for the desert tree story, that's hilarious. any sources for it?
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@YOSS: Let's get a few things straight.

1) The arab mentality I speak of clearly precedes Islam, however that does not mean that pre-islamic arabians were just as backward (in many ways, they weren't, and Islam proved to be a regressive force which incorporated the worst elements of the arab mentality, which is a tribal one).
    2) There is no arab race, arabs are not a race, rather, arabs are an ethno-linguistic group. In fact, most of the people who label themselves "arab" have little to no arabian roots to start with (from an ethnic POV) so in many cases it's just a linguistic label (hence Sati3 El 7osri's emphasis on language).
    3) I stand by my initial statement, there is nothing to correct.

The Ténéré tree's story is famous, it even has a wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbre_d...n%C3%A9r%C3%A9

3. Thanks YOSS thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Semitic Duwa; 1. Tribal mentality. So that's the element that made you say the statement; which Islam you say only made it worse. I'll point you to western civilization today, and tribal mentality is not only evident, it's rampant. every time fellow cops stands for one of their own, even tho that one just literally commit murder, or at best, manslaughter, it's the ugliest forms of tribal mentalities since it's no longer individual preference but systematic. anyone of doesn't confirm, get's pushed out.

2. Even the Arabian desert ones?

3. then you're assumptions are wrong; to say 'arab mentality' is even a culprit, is nothing but a cheap and perhaps desperate a shot given current times and events.

Thank you. That was a good story to know of.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cops now YOSS Cops...cheap shot you and Holder...hands up don't shoot. Total rubish.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.