Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Go back in time with Street View - Google

Go back in time with Street View
    Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014

If youve ever dreamt of being a time traveler like Doc Brown, nows your chance. Starting today, you can travel to the past to see how a place has changed over the years by exploring Street View imagery in Google Maps for desktop. We've gathered historical imagery from past Street View collections dating back to 2007 to create this digital time capsule of the world.

If you see a clock icon in the upper left-hand portion of a Street View image, click on it and move the slider through time and select a thumbnail to see that same place in previous years or seasons.

Now with Street View, you can see a landmark's growth from the ground up, like the Freedom Tower in New York City or the 2014 World Cup Stadium in Fortaleza, Brazil. This new feature can also serve as a digital timeline of recent history, like the reconstruction after the devastating 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Onagawa, Japan. You can even experience different seasons and see what it would be like to cruise Italian roadways in both summer and winter.

Construction of the Freedom Tower, New York City

Destruction in Onagawa, Japan after the 2011 earthquake

Forget going 88 mph in a DeLoreanyou can stay where you are and use Google Maps to virtually explore the world as it isand as it was. Happy (time) traveling!

Posted by Vinay Shet, Google Street View Product Manager
    YOU CAN KILL A MAN BUT YOU CAN'T KILL AN IDEA. -Medgar Evers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They said back in time 7 years lol.
    dang I thought I could go back 20 or 30
    in Anycase those google maps are dated in some places anyway. I check my street and there are homes there that had been changed or demolished many years ago.