Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why would God Pray on a Man

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vampire View Post

Always out of focus , always reaching the wrong conclusions , have fun with your always ignorance , and sleep in worries ; something happened in this thread and you , the 7ashour ma7kashon is out of the whole event , haha ...
    I don't have a desire nor competition to how much I understood, and certainly not versus how much others did.

You however, constantly like to prove that you know and understand better; know why? coz deep inside you know u don't.

Now, Sammy did not actually fully answer shekib. I did not either, yet shekib is after my ass to go ahead and fully answer.

and my answer is clear, and I will elaborate no further.

hope things are clearer for you now ya .. ya ma fettesh el 'asser la mberi7 wou lal 3asser taba3o
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YOSS View Post
    lek lek hal bheem layk.. ma fehim chi, wou fet bel thread shmel...

while you make a good point, and yes, we really needed to know about the grammar and spelling, thank you vampy you're a jewel; the gist of the whole thing is "salla 3alayhi', and you're on "sallam'..

rou7 sallemleh 3aleh wou khedoun kelloun vacances.
    Sammy this is what the thread is about: God praying on man. Please re-read the first page of this thread, but you zeroed in on additional statements shekib made; but he's essentially talking about the Koran and about that specific line always said by members of the Muslim faith. And is expecting answers on that; it's why he asked you to open another thread for the replies you gave in here.

And always remember, vampire already knew all this, already saw all this, he's master of finding errors, and please fix this Sammy before you look like vampire: totally clueless about what this thread is actually about.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see this is endemic of lebanese culture and the paid posters who write here. The point is simple. You want to dilute the argument. Then here goes you all get cookies, cause that's what children get. You little Kids. Jesus loves you all. Why don't you love him back

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no it's not, unless I'm mistaken, but I logic dictates it's not.

Jewish scriptures came before Jesus' time, he is only in them as 'the messiah to come'; which they believe didn't come, yet.

you'd be correct, they accept that , yes ok a Jesus came and did this and that, but he's not in their scriptures.

Sammy no the bible isn't in Greek. The bible is in the old Phoenician language: Aramaic, which you fellows prefer to call 'ancient hebrew'..

Maybe I should repost that thread of mine which surpassed your thread about the promised land

My post " The fact that the New Testament was written in Greek is not relevant as to the Jewishness of the writers because Greek was one of the several languages spoken in First century Judea."

Yours YOSS "
    Sammy no the bible isn't in Greek. The bible is in the old Phoenician language: Aramaic, which you fellows prefer to call 'ancient hebrew'."

Now for the facts

In what language was the Bible first written?

The first human author to write down the biblical record was Moses. He was commanded by God to take on this task, for Exodus 34:27 records God's words to Moses, "Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel." And what language did he use? He wrote in his native language, called Hebrew.

Hebrew is one of a group of languages known as the Semitic languages which were spoken throughout that part of the world, then called Mesopotamia, located today mainly in Iraq. Their alphabet consisted of 22 letters, all consonants. (Imagine having an alphabet with no vowels! Much later they did add vowels.)

Almost the entire Old Testament was written in Hebrew during the thousand years of its composition. But a few chapters in the prophecies of Ezra and Daniel and one verse in Jeremiah were written in a language called Aramaic. This language became very popular in the ancient world and actually displaced many other languages. Aramaic even became the common language spoken in Israel in Jesus' time, and it was likely the language He spoke day by day. Some Aramaic words were even used by the Gospel writers in the New Testament.

The New Testament, however, was written in Greek. This seems strange, since you might think it would be either Hebrew or Aramaic. However, Greek was the language of scholarship during the years of the composition of the New Testament from 50 to 100 AD. The fact is that many Jews could not even read Hebrew anymore, and this disturbed the Jewish leaders a lot! So, around 300 BC a translation of the Old Testament from Hebrew into Greek was undertaken, and it was completed around 200 BC. Gradually this Greek translation of the Old Testament, called the Septuagint, was widely accepted and was even used in many synagogues. It also became a wonderful missionary tool for the early Christians, for now the Greeks could read God's Word in their own tongue.

So the New Testament authors wrote in Greek. They did not, however, use really high-class or classical Greek, but a very common and everyday type of Greek. For many years some scholars ridiculed the Greek of the New Testament because many of its words were strange to those who read the writings of the great Greek classical authors such as Plato and Aristotle. But later many records were uncovered of ordinary people, and amazingly there were the same common terms used in everyday speech! The ridicule dried up accordingly.

The earliest copies of parts of the Hebrew Old Testament were discovered in 1947. They are part of the famous Dead Sea Scrolls and actually date back to the first century BC. Even though they are at least 900 years older than any parts of the Bible we had before this, they are not the originals. They are copies. The originals have all been lost or destroyed. But we are not at all doubtful that we may not have the original text. Copying by scribes was done with great care in those days and because the text was regarded as sacred, the copyists were extremely painstaking. Today some 5000 hand-copied documents exist of all or part of the Bible, and they agree in 98% of the text! No other ancient writing has this amount of underlying support with such amazing agreement as to the text.

Yes, we do have what God wanted us to have! By way of translation, we now have His revelation in our own language and in 2300 other languages, too. Today we have the very Bible that comes to us from the three languages used in the original. Truly we can say, "God speaks my language, too!"

http://www.biblica.com/en-us/bible/bible-faqs/in-what-language-was-the-bible-first-written/

Now YOOS I welcome anything you wrote "Maybe I should repost that thread of mine which surpassed your thread about the promised land "

I count the minutes till I have this pleasure.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a desire nor competition to how much I understood, and certainly not versus how much others did.

You however, constantly like to prove that you know and understand better; know why? coz deep inside you know u don't.

Now, Sammy did not actually fully answer shekib. I did not either, yet shekib is after my ass to go ahead and fully answer.

and my answer is clear, and I will elaborate no further.

hope things are clearer for you now ya .. ya ma fettesh el 'asser la mberi7 wou lal 3asser taba3o

Keep dreaming aouni foss , you're simply nothing and tryin' to prove otherwise , know nothing and happy in being a clown , lol ...

As for the rubbish you think you understood , it's obvious you're on pluto and the thread is in Saturn ..

Best advice for ya basiji foss is to crawl to dahyeh in hassouna sewers , there where u belong ...
    إن الأبطال يموتون ولا يستسلمون...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post

My post " The fact that the New Testament was written in Greek is not relevant as to the Jewishness of the writers because Greek was one of the several languages spoken in First century Judea."

Yours YOSS "
    Sammy no the bible isn't in Greek. The bible is in the old Phoenician language: Aramaic, which you fellows prefer to call 'ancient hebrew'."

Now for the facts

In what language was the Bible first written?

The first human author to write down the biblical record was Moses. He was commanded by God to take on this task, for Exodus 34:27 records God's words to Moses, "Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel." And what language did he use? He wrote in his native language, called Hebrew.

Hebrew is one of a group of languages known as the Semitic languages which were spoken throughout that part of the world, then called Mesopotamia, located today mainly in Iraq. Their alphabet consisted of 22 letters, all consonants. (Imagine having an alphabet with no vowels! Much later they did add vowels.)

Almost the entire Old Testament was written in Hebrew during the thousand years of its composition. But a few chapters in the prophecies of Ezra and Daniel and one verse in Jeremiah were written in a language called Aramaic. This language became very popular in the ancient world and actually displaced many other languages. Aramaic even became the common language spoken in Israel in Jesus' time, and it was likely the language He spoke day by day. Some Aramaic words were even used by the Gospel writers in the New Testament.

The New Testament, however, was written in Greek. This seems strange, since you might think it would be either Hebrew or Aramaic. However, Greek was the language of scholarship during the years of the composition of the New Testament from 50 to 100 AD. The fact is that many Jews could not even read Hebrew anymore, and this disturbed the Jewish leaders a lot! So, around 300 BC a translation of the Old Testament from Hebrew into Greek was undertaken, and it was completed around 200 BC. Gradually this Greek translation of the Old Testament, called the Septuagint, was widely accepted and was even used in many synagogues. It also became a wonderful missionary tool for the early Christians, for now the Greeks could read God's Word in their own tongue.

So the New Testament authors wrote in Greek. They did not, however, use really high-class or classical Greek, but a very common and everyday type of Greek. For many years some scholars ridiculed the Greek of the New Testament because many of its words were strange to those who read the writings of the great Greek classical authors such as Plato and Aristotle. But later many records were uncovered of ordinary people, and amazingly there were the same common terms used in everyday speech! The ridicule dried up accordingly.

The earliest copies of parts of the Hebrew Old Testament were discovered in 1947. They are part of the famous Dead Sea Scrolls and actually date back to the first century BC. Even though they are at least 900 years older than any parts of the Bible we had before this, they are not the originals. They are copies. The originals have all been lost or destroyed. But we are not at all doubtful that we may not have the original text. Copying by scribes was done with great care in those days and because the text was regarded as sacred, the copyists were extremely painstaking. Today some 5000 hand-copied documents exist of all or part of the Bible, and they agree in 98% of the text! No other ancient writing has this amount of underlying support with such amazing agreement as to the text.

Yes, we do have what God wanted us to have! By way of translation, we now have His revelation in our own language and in 2300 other languages, too. Today we have the very Bible that comes to us from the three languages used in the original. Truly we can say, "God speaks my language, too!"

http://www.biblica.com/en-us/bible/bible-faqs/in-what-language-was-the-bible-first-written/

Now YOOS I welcome anything you wrote "Maybe I should repost that thread of mine which surpassed your thread about the promised land "

I count the minutes till I have this pleasure.
    It did not! mine had... 11000 views urs 9500 ! admit it!

And this thread isn't about the bible's language Sammy.. but i'll answer you on it in another thread.

For here, my point to you was that shekib's thread is about something specific, and you overlooked it, and donkey @vampire; simply went thru it unnoticed.

shekib titled the thread: God praying on a man. in my first or second reply to him on first page, I linked him a site discussing his problem. I suppose you'd have to speak Arabic to understand, but the site is in English and it tells of the differences in the way 'salla allahou alayhi wa sallam' can be translated.

That's shakib's thread. fhemit ya vampire le 7mar?

te3tir.. and @shekib82; , please correct me if i'm wrong.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It did not! mine had... 11000 views urs 9500 ! admit it!

And this thread isn't about the bible's language Sammy.. but i'll answer you on it in another thread.

For here, my point to you was that shekib's thread is about something specific, and you overlooked it, and donkey @vampire; simply went thru it unnoticed.

shekib titled the thread: God praying on a man. in my first or second reply to him on first page, I linked him a site discussing his problem. I suppose you'd have to speak Arabic to understand, but the site is in English and it tells of the differences in the way 'salla allahou alayhi wa sallam' can be translated.

That's shakib's thread. fhemit ya vampire le 7mar?

te3tir.. and @shekib82; , please correct me if i'm wrong.

Keep braying foss aouni , and keep hinting that you know anything at all , but the truth is you're simply a nothing brayer , probably it's genetic in you . I know a gene with 24 deyneh making hee haw . lol ...
    إن الأبطال يموتون ولا يستسلمون...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Jesus pretended to be the son of god, hen yes probably the jews would have killed him as a heretic.
    As jewish people are strictly monotheists.
    However I don't believe that Jesus ever made that claim...
    ? ? ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_81 View Post
    If Jesus pretended to be the son of god, hen yes probably the jews would have killed him as a heretic.
    As jewish people are strictly monotheists.
    However I don't believe that Jesus ever made that claim...
    It's not the thread's subject.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sammy this is what the thread is about: God praying on man. Please re-read the first page of this thread, but you zeroed in on additional statements shekib made; but he's essentially talking about the Koran and about that specific line always said by members of the Muslim faith. And is expecting answers on that; it's why he asked you to open another thread for the replies you gave in here.

And always remember, vampire already knew all this, already saw all this, he's master of finding errors, and please fix this Sammy before you look like vampire: totally clueless about what this thread is actually about.
    No problem with the topic YOSS it's the flatulence surrounding the constitutional that bothers me. If you wish to tell the tale no use adding additional commentary that is irrelevant and more important baseless lies.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.