Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite soda

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is your favorite soda

I am a soda addict. Have been all my life.

I have cut back, but I literally have the shakes if I do not have one soda a day.

I am not really into caffeinated sodas. Pepsi and Coke are not my style.

I like fruit sodas usually; though I am not given to Mountain Dew too much.

Wawa's is a chain in America.

The Wawa soda is a generic form of Tahitian Treat

Either one is good.

Love the stuff since I was a kid.

Modern Soda was invented in Ireland around 1851 with the invention of Ginger Ale; but it was mostly a curiousity.

However, we Americans took over soda after that. We made it popular.

We control the vast majority of the world's soda markets. However, other places had odd local brands.

So post them in this thread.

So what is your favorite soda.

Some soda facts. Fanta was invented by the German subsidiary of Coke during WW2. Out of touch with America, a German concocted a syrup to replace what was cut off during the war. It became popular in Germany. It was re-acquired by Coke after the war.

But the Fanta in America is not the same formula used by the Germans. We have access to fruit juices that the Germans did not have.

The chief difference between Coke and Pepsi.
    Coke has more bubbles/Carbonation
    Pepsi has more sugar

http://www.live4.com.au/travel/count...nt-number-one/

There is, however, a pocket of resistance for Pepsi around the world. A few of the Canadian states prefer Pepsi over Coke, especially the French-speaking areas, as do a few small pockets of the States, such as Utah and North Dakota. Pepsi also has dominance in the Caribbean country of the Dominican Republic and Guatemala in Central America. In the Middle East, both Oman and Saudi Arabia prefer Pepsi, while in Asia India and Pakistan, mainly thanks to the sponsoring of their cricket teams, have higher sales for Pepsi.

To me the debate is meaningless. I prefer fruit sodas.

I do not like Sprite (too sweet) or Sierra Mist (too weak)

7up is great though

In the end American sodas really rule; but most countries have one great local brand.

Not for me. I do not like Islam and I am not fond of colas.
    Last edited by CuriousAmerican; 27-01-2014 at 05:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ByRYAN JASLOW CBS NEWS January 23, 2014, 12: 13 PM
    Caramel coloring chemical linked to cancer found in "too high" levels in some colas

Consumer Reports is warning the caramel coloring that gives cola its brown hue may be dangerous in the levels its found in some popular soft drinks.
    “There’s no reason why consumers should be exposed to an avoidable and unnecessary risk that can stem from coloring food brown,” toxicologist Dr. Urvashi Rangan, executive director of Consumer Reports’ Food Safety & Sustainability Center, said in a statement.
    Researchers at the magazine tested dozens of cans and bottles from a variety of popular brands looking for levels of the artificial chemical used for coloring, 4-methylimidazole (4-MeI).

Previous studies of 4-MeI have found long-term exposure to the chemical caused lung cancer in mice, according to the California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment. That prompted the state to add 4-MeI to its list of potentially toxic chemicals under Proposition 65, which requires warning labels on products containing concerning levels of the chemical -- in this case 29 micrograms of 4-MeI per can or bottle.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/caramel-...in-some-colas/
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani

The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does not apply to me. I am not big on colas.

So I do not imbibe a lot of caramel coloring.

Still, doesn't everything cause cancer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousAmerican View Post
    Does not apply to me. I am not big on colas.

So I do not imbibe a lot of caramel coloring.

Still, doesn't everything cause cancer?
    Well, if you listen to Michael Douglas it does LOL
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani

The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Empty calories makes Jack a fatboy. Just purchased a new Vitamix 5200 green smoothies for the next 50 years...and yes we go the distance in my family.
    However, as a teenager in Tacoma Park Maryland working as an Air Conditioner Refrigeration Mechanic helper I discovered at the Electric Maid Bakery the great in the glass bottle Venors Soda, Ginger beer would be second and Coke sold outside the USA made with Sugar not garbage sweetener third.

Soda is pretty hot commodity and as my ex would call it Pop.
    But it's awful for you better off with cold water run through a filter clean drink and not after effects.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All no good. If you must: Perrier/san pelligrino, maybe sasparella. Only those as far a fizzy stuff.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
    Empty calories makes Jack a fatboy. Just purchased a new Vitamix 5200 green smoothies for the next 50 years...and yes we go the distance in my family.
    However, as a teenager in Tacoma Park Maryland working as an Air Conditioner Refrigeration Mechanic helper I discovered at the Electric Maid Bakery the great in the glass bottle Venors Soda, Ginger beer would be second and Coke sold outside the USA made with Sugar not garbage sweetener third.

Soda is pretty hot commodity and as my ex would call it Pop.
    But it's awful for you better off with cold water run through a filter clean drink and not after effects.
    why the vitamix 5200 not just any blender?
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YOSS View Post
    why the vitamix 5200 not just any blender?
    If you wish to render seeds,skin, pulp, seems or the core of a pineapple into a smooth as satin drink you can do it, nothing else works as well all others are inferior and cannot do the job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ah ok.. well I use a carrot/apple juicer for that.. grinds anything. Greens like spinach and parsley as well..

should be careful not all seeds are good for you.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

juicer pain for cleaning but juicer only does juice and juice has no fiber and only a blender of this magnitude will completely breakdown fibrous vegetables, nuts and the rest plus all the other uses like making soup from vegetables or ice-cream ect. Juicer is rarely used everyday 3 times a day, these are.