User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: July 4......a most special day in history

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

July 4 is a time to celebrate American Independence, the preservation of the Union at Gettysburg. It's to remember the high watermark for Christianity at the Battle of Hattin and the fall of Jerusalem in 1187 AD

With our thanks to those who fought, who lived, survived or died from those battles lest we forget.

Your obedient son

Sam

Lomax family*

The Battle at Hattin and the Kingdom of Jerusalem

Reynald de Chatillon Prince of Antioch , Lord of The Outremer, Lord of Kerak Castle.
    Hugh d' Beaumont
    Roger d' Mowbray
    Guy d Lusignan
    Amlaric d Lusignan
    Geoffrey or Geoffroy I d Lusignan Count of Jaffa and Ascalon Taken prisoner at Horns of Hattin
    Balian d Ibelin
    Raymond d Triploli
    Reynald Sidon
    Walter Garnier
    Reginald d' Sidon
    Raymond d Antioch
    Humphrey d Turon
    Joscelyn d Courtnay
    William V of Montferrat
    et al

Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Samaritan; 04-07-2014 at 04:51 AM.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

2. Thanks YOSS thanked for this post
    Likes YOSS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Happy 4th of July Sammy. Thank you for the commemorative, and informative, post. Welcome back.
    OneIsManyIsOne

4. Thanks Samaritan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Samaritan;

you know sam, now that you wanna be an ass about things, there's a question I avoided asking yesterday:

What makes u a fraud?

You think Christianity is a lie yet thank the crusaders and claim to be their descendant.

Fraud if u ask me.
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Happy independence day! It's been many, many years, since I use to enjoy the fireworks and festivities in Michigan...

Hope to visit again one day.

7. Thanks Samaritan thanked for this post
    Likes Samaritan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YOSS View Post
    @Samaritan;

you know sam, now that you wanna be an ass about things, there's a question I avoided asking yesterday:

What makes u a fraud?

You think Christianity is a lie yet thank the crusaders and claim to be their descendant.

Fraud if u ask me.
    Fraud sorry YOSS does not compute.
    Telling you what what you don't like is not being an ass, it may be a pain in your butt to tell you and anyone else whose interested that what you believe is God or your Messiah is not my God or Messiah and I suspect that goes equal for Jews.

My animus is not to Christianity, in fact I have no issue to Catholics, Maronite Catholics, Orthodox and to all Christianity including Presbyterians as long as they do not target Jews for conversion.
    Catholics stopped this practice a half century ago, the Orthodox to my knowledge never did and of course the case is the same with Maronites

Evangelistic attempts to proselytize Jews or myself on this forum shall be answered and I could care less what you think.

I will keep to the religious forum which is where it belongs, so if you wish to make your opinion known you can start a thread there or wait for a new one that will appear shortly.
    It's called Why do the Jews reject Jesus? that should give you an idea what it's about.

Remembering Hattin and friends and family that died that day as well as who participated in world events that fell on July 3-4, 1187, 1776, 1863 is an honor and distinction that I am blessed with.

Claim....you doubt me bonafides YOSS.. time will tell old fellow.
    See you at the thread if you so desire please no videos...it's a video free, no copy paste and of course no fabricated quotes manufactured by middle- aged children.

Last edited by Samaritan; 05-07-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
    Fraud sorry YOSS does not compute.
    Telling you what what you don't like is not being an ass, it may be a pain in your butt to tell you and anyone else whose interested that what you believe is God or your Messiah is not my God or Messiah and I suspect that goes equal for Jews.

Second 51 of this:

My animus is not to Christianity, in fact I have no issue to Catholics, Maronite Catholics, Orthodox and to all Christianity including Presbyterians as long as they do not target Jews for conversion.
    Catholics stopped this practice a half century ago, the Orthodox to my knowledge never did and of course the case is the same with Maronites

Evangelistic attempts to proselytize Jews or myself on this forum shall be answered and I could care less what you think.

I will keep to the religious forum which is where it belongs, so if you wish to make your opinion known you can start a thread there or wait for a new one that will appear shortly.
    It's called Why do the Jews reject Jesus? that should give you an idea what it's about.
    Much appreciated looking forward. Eat your heart out @CuriousAmerican; !

Remembering Hattin and friends and family that died that day as well as who participated in world events that fell on July 3-4, 1187, 1776, 1863 is an honor and distinction that I am blessed with.
    Hey, my cousin was best DJ of the middle east. And he's only a year younger than me. I certainly know how you feel.

Claim....you doubt me bonafides YOSS.. time will tell old fellow.

See you at the thread if you so desire please no videos...it's a video free, no copy paste and of course no fabricated quotes manufactured by middle- aged children.

LOLOLOL "video Free"! hahahahaha that 3 hr long video CA gave him created a complex! LOL

no no I reserve the right. I brought video vbulletin messages to life, not giving them up now!

Happy 4th of July Sammy!
    OneIsManyIsOne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy July 4th to you too YOSS, and I am glad you are well, a patient adversary friend who endures the challenge for many years and always up for the fight, I like that.
    As is my habit on July 4th I honor those that fell at Hattin, Gettysburg and throughout the American Revolution

July 4 Independence Day

Otherwise known as the Fourth of July is a time of celebration for many, remembrance for some and sober anger for others.

Indeed some in England today regret the loss of the American Colonies after the War of Independence perhaps the spark of the decline of Great Britain and a foil to the old saying “The Sun never sets on the British Empire” well that was still true after the loss but in Buckingham Palace that day it got a littler darker lol.

Surely July 4 is still significant to us Southern Boys many lament that the Yankees took the day at Gettysburg the day before July the 3 rd 1863. My Great Great Grandfather and his two brothers survived those days and rode back to the a defeated Southern Confederacy that day for Gettysburg was the high water mark for that Southern misplaced cause.

Perhaps the most poignant July 4th happened on 1187 AD at Hattin todays Israel then in the land called Palestine, and I believe part of the possession of the Prince of Galilee who was Raymond III.

Now many here would say why the hell Sam are you posting something that happened 800 plus years ago on some vacant plain of land in a land 2,000 miles from sunny Florida.

Well the truth is folks this day occupies my thoughts more then most , it’s what we call skin in the game. Hattin or the Battle of Hattin set the course of all that has happened to the Christian and non Christian world from 1187 AD till today.

Why because on this day the end of Christian domination of the Middle East began.

Saladin won the field that day and the cities fell before him in Lebanon as well as the Kingdom of Jerusalem and the other Principalities.
    Islam was in principal there to stay and the inroads that Christianity made from 1097 were eclipsed by Jihad.

Certainly an argument can be made so forth but that is not the purpose of this post only to remember the high-water mark of Christianity and it’s fall at Hattin.

i wish to remember my families in that day as well as those that fought in the American Revolution, the American Civil War and at the Battle of Hattin July 4th 1187.

As a note I have past by this very lonely looking place several times, it has barely been explored there is to my knowledge little effort to surmise archeologically the movements of the participants unlike the Battle of the Little Big Horn with George Armstrong Custer and the 7th Calvary against a confederation of Native American Indians June 25-26 1876.

Saladin built a victory mosque at Hattin, there is not much left of that today.
    With our thanks to those who fought, who lived, survived or died fro those battles lest we forget.
    Your obedient servant
    Sam

Hattin
    Reynald de Chatillon Prince of Antioch , Lord of The Outremer, Lord of Kerak Castle.
    Hugh de Beaumont
    Roger de Mowbray
    Guy d’ Lusignan
    Amlaric d’ Lusignan
    Geoffrey or Geoffroy I d’ Lusignan Count of Jaffa and Ascalon Taken prisoner at Horns of Hattin

Balian d’ Ibelin
    Reynald d’ Chatillon
    Raymond d’ Triploli
    Reynald Sidon
    Walter Garnier
    Reginald of Sidon
    Raymond d’ Antioch
    Humphrey d’ Turon
    Master of the Hospital
    Joscelyn d’ Courtnay
    William V of Montferrat
    et al

Last edited by Samaritan; 05-07-2017 at 03:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy 4th Sam
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani

The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

12. Thanks Samaritan thanked for this post
    Likes Samaritan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You too Gregg Happy Fourth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So here we are again this July 4th, 2017, we have a President of the United States that does not believe that you can be too patriotic like the last president said a few days ago, how sad for the former president.

This year we honor those who gave their lives to the course of freedom and we give our time to those who participated and survived.

This day also marks the decline or the high watermark of Christian control and influence in the Holy land, today's Israel, with the defeat of the Christian Army at Hattin Israel, the battlefield is safe so far, we honor those men who fought there, we honor our family who fought and died there and we honor those that survived to fight another day.

This year is slightly different for we begin this July to offer further reading on a personal hero Reynald d' Chatillon Prince of Antioch, the Wolf of Kerak, slandered as an object of scorn by Ridley Scotts movie " Kingdom of Heaven" and most old school medieval scholars.

Today we include another a very short perspective by scholars on Reynald d' Chatillon and the battle, it will be my pleasure in years to come to add to this page about the man and why he is important to me.

Happy 4th of July Y'all

Last edited by Samaritan; 05-07-2017 at 03:54 AM.

15. Thanks Semitic Duwa thanked for this post
    Likes Semitic Duwa liked this post