User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you are the one who got selected to be the president of Lebanon for one single day

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking If you are the one who got selected to be the president of Lebanon for one single day

What you do?

Please use point form...
    The truth taught me to hate her; I couldn't.
    ? ? ? ?? ??

?? ?? ? ?
    3oun's Christianís glory are:
    3oun penetrated the Christian FOR the syrians in ilgha2 war
    3oun defeated the Christians FOR the syrians in tahrrrirr war
    3oun back FOR surrendering the Christians to the syrians FOR all what he did before...

Please donít feel sick now from keep talking about 3oun, expose him to save your face from being called naive...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget being president with little executive powers. Even if you were "elected" a dictator king for one year in Lebanon, what public services or laws could you enact that HA couldn't reverse? President for one day in Lebanon = pure impotence (practically).

3. Thanks Semitic Duwa, human thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sasuke View Post
    Forget being president with little executive powers. Even if you were \"elected\" a dictator king for one year in Lebanon, what public services or laws could you enact that HA couldn't reverse? President for one day in Lebanon = pure impotence (practically).
    That how it looks in eyes of reality because it is a theoretical question, but then what is really real in Lebnen. Just take out the technicality and the possibilities and the can and can't do from it and states the priorities.

Iíll state my version after I see few responses.
    The truth taught me to hate her; I couldn't.
    ? ? ? ?? ??

?? ?? ? ?
    3oun's Christianís glory are:
    3oun penetrated the Christian FOR the syrians in ilgha2 war
    3oun defeated the Christians FOR the syrians in tahrrrirr war
    3oun back FOR surrendering the Christians to the syrians FOR all what he did before...

Please donít feel sick now from keep talking about 3oun, expose him to save your face from being called naive...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Separation of church and state
    Separate of the 3 branches of government. Judges should have terms, but the president shouldn't be able to fire them.
    Create a fair non sectarian law for parliamentary elections
    Reduce the number of reps in the parliament since the entire country is smaller than San Diego county. Each county/section/municipality (kadaa) will be represented by one rep.
    Eliminate all taxes except for import and transit fees. These transit and import fees will be probably be increased. If that's not enough to cover for the expenses/deficit, then keep the TVA (sales tax), to be renewed every year by an executive authorization (president or prime minister)
    Legalize marijuana. Tourism = money.
    Reduce the size of our army.
    Sign a peace treaty with Israel based on them taking some or all the Palestinians back. Those Palestinians that won't/can't/don't go back will have to be naturalized.
    Allow the expats to vote via mail.
    Build an infrastructure (roads and shit), or at least create an efficient agency for city planning. You can't be digging the roads every other week for a different utility.
    Privatize the utilities and decommission any plants that pollute the environment.

I can't even think of priorities; there's too much stuff to be done. One day is not enough. One century would be a good start.

By the way Human, your signature should be changed. You transposed Ta7rir and Ilgha2. Ta7rir came first, Ilgha2 is when we got beeeped, or is my memory failing me?
    Last edited by sasuke; 19-04-2013 at 04:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I 'll ask for tajdeed and tamdeed one more day...

Every day

7. Thanks the lion heart, human, sasuke thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget being president with little executive powers. Even if you were \"elected\" a dictator king for one year in Lebanon, what public services or laws could you enact that HA couldn't reverse? President for one day in Lebanon = pure impotence (practically).
    this is the case of a 14 march president,,, but if the president is from 8 march team,, then hariri et wahabes will do the reverse thing to him,,, and again, the result will be pure impotence,,,

9. Thanks human thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yelias View Post
    this is the case of a 14 march president,,, but if the president is from 8 march team,, then hariri et wahabes will do the reverse thing to him,,, and again, the result will be pure impotence,,,
    Yes, we've all seen how Hariri & company were able to prevent the recent M8 government from doing stuff, all the way from France.

11. Thanks the lion heart, human thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Nuke Tripoli
    - Nuke the Dohiya
    - Make Ahmad Assir and Gibran Bassil french kiss in Martyrs Square
    - Make Walid Jumblatt clean my toilets
    - Implement Cantonisation, so when the shiites and sunnies finally decide to settle which community is the most backward and uncivilised, they do it away from my people and my land.

13. Thanks human, Semitic Duwa thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, we've all seen how Hariri & company were able to prevent the recent M8 government from doing stuff, all the way from France.
    failing in doing so, doesn't mean they didn't want it,,,don't be so naive,, m14 wants to do more than that, if, and only if they could,,,, in conclusion,,, the m14 team wants to prevent m8 plans,, but they just keep failing and failing again and again,,, looooool,,, pure impotence loool

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole regime needs to change. A secular state.

1) A secular state. (seperation of state and church)
    2) A new election law that represents the society we live in. As the parliament MP's cannot come to an agreement maybe the best is for the people to vote for an election law. The most important is NOT one that changes every couple of years.
    3) Some Presidential powers returned.
    4) Small local states for each district to take care of its own issues not always going back to Beirut.

16. Thanks human thanked for this post