User Tag List

Thread: life signs of a dead society

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default life signs of a dead society

In a few days, 51% of 51% the majority of the Lebanese people will march to a square where they will stand for hours listening to petty talks and small speeches which lack any sense of God given wit or charisma. they will stand in the rain, in the snow, in the dashing heat, under any sun, whether it was blue, yellow or orange. they will march and stand, not so united, to honor a five year old corpse. a few months earlier, other percentages of the Lebanese nation stood in a similar square honoring a 7th century degraded image of chivalry, and a corpse. A few months later, it will be the turn of another gathering, another corpse, different colors. It seems hard to rally people in this miserable society without corpses or cadavers. As if the entire sense of political engagement resolved around the wicked stench of decaying flesh and degrading bones. (Even the corpses of the deceased victims of the Ethiopian airlines plane that crashed in the sea a few weeks ago, hold a gathering of their own.)
    I am afraid this is but only a symbolical and ironical image of the society that the Lebanese have succeeded to alienate in the past few decades.These are the life signs of a dead society.
    I leave you now, until we meet again ..... around a corpse.
    truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there?

http://ronifidelus.blogspot.com/

2. Thanks hany thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our society is not undergoing normal situations since the formation of the state. When a society is struggling, or suffering, or when it is a target of others cupidity or avarice, or when it is a target of significant portions of derelicts from such soceity, than I should expect uncommon motives moblizing it. When it is still picking the corpses on the ground due to assassinations or when this society is still liable to more assassination without even justice for vicitms in the horizon, I should expect uncommon motives mobilizing this same society. When it should live a destructive war every 10 or 15 years, than I should expect from it something outlandish.How can I expect common motives or normal motives moblizing a society when it is unstable or unsafe? Our society was never given a leeway to rest, like other progressed societies, so that to expect from it something normal.Motives are always connected to the situation we are living in.
    Last edited by Clear Conscience; 14-02-2010 at 01:33 AM.
    Je défendrai mes opinions jusqu'à ma mort, mais je donnerai ma vie pour que vous puissiez défendre les vôtres.