Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default EU Parliament passes Saudi arms embargo

No arms for the Kingdom of Terrorism @Kasarjian

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu...-idUSKCN0VY1K1

The European Parliament called on the European Union to impose an arms embargo against Saudi Arabia on Thursday, saying Britain, France and other EU governments should no longer sell weapons to a country accused of targeting civilians in Yemen.
    EU lawmakers, who voted overwhelmingly in favor of an embargo, said Britain had licensed more than $3 billion of arms sales to Saudi Arabia since Saudi-led forces began military operations in Yemen in March last year.

Nearly 6,000 people have been killed since the coalition entered the conflict, almost half of them civilians, according to the United Nations, and the European Parliament said it was acting on humanitarian grounds.
    "This is about Yemen. The human rights violations have reached a level that means Europe is obliged to act and to end arms sales to Saudi Arabia," said Richard Howitt, a British center-left lawmaker who led efforts to hold the vote.
    The parliament's vote is not legally binding but lawmakers hope it will pressure EU governments to agree to an embargo, following a petition of 750,000 European citizens calling for the suspension of weapon sales.
    Fellow British lawmaker Alyn Smith, a Scottish Nationalist who grew up in Saudi Arabia, has also written to EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini calling for the embargo.
    However, any EU embargo would go against U.S. President Barack Obama's policy of bolstering U.S. military support for Saudi Arabia after Washington brokered a deal with regional rival Iran last year to curtail Tehran's nuclear ambitions.
    Britain and France are the main European suppliers of arms to Saudi Arabia, while Germany also licensed arms exports of almost $200 million to the Sunni kingdom in the first six months of 2015, the latest economy ministry data available.
    EU lawmakers warned the vote may prompt retaliation from Saudi Arabia, whose envoy to the European Union held several meetings with EU lawmakers and tried to dissuade the parliament.

"The Saudis said to me they may cut off relations. I hope those are just words," Howitt said, adding that the quickest way to avoid an arms embargo was to end the conflict in Yemen.
    Saudi Arabia's ambassador, Abdulrahman Al Ahmed, defended the kingdom's actions in a letter to EU lawmakers on Sunday, saying that "the larger ramifications of our not taking action in Yemen would have had devastating geopolitical consequences for the kingdom, Europe and the broader West as well."
    Saudi Arabia leads a coalition of nine Arab countries that began a military campaign in March 2015 to prevent Houthi rebels, whom it sees as a proxy for Iran, from taking complete control of Yemen.
    The Houthis and their allies, forces loyal to former Yemen President Ali Abdullah Saleh, accuse the coalition of launching a war of aggression.
    Yemen has become one of the world's worst humanitarian crises. The U.N. says famine looms as over half the population, or 14.4 million people, face hunger. Clinics and hospitals have been repeatedly hit.
    Last edited by Kanaan; 26-02-2016 at 10:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kanaan
    "Nearly 6,000 people have been killed since the coalition entered the conflict, almost half of them civilians, according to the United Nations, and the European Parliament said it was acting on humanitarian grounds."

Get serious Kanaan and use your head for once!!!
    So the Saudis killed 3000 Yemens civilians by planes....lol...If the Saudis want to target civilians intentionally with F16s the last 6 months, you think that only 3000 would have been killed by now??....The Israelis killed 1200 civilians in 30 days of bombardments in Lebanon and even though it was not intentional...If the Saudis were targeting civilians in Yemen I would say at least 100000 would have been dead by now after six months of air raids, so get real......

Even Ayotollah himself did not complain about 3000 Yemen civilians killed by the bombardment cause it was not intentional.

The Baathis killed 300000 civilians in Syria so far, and Russia is still supporting Assad...lol

The Baathi government killed 2000 people in one chemical attack, and you were here on this forum trying to tell us that the chemical attack was executed by the rebels....lol

Sorry Kanaan you are very childish..
    Last edited by Kasarjian; 26-02-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you are also forgetting the fact that saudi arabia has displaced over 1,000,000 civilians as well in yemen.

seems like civilian targetting to me. either way, its not their country. the vote was not even close, almost everyone in europe agrees.. saudi deserves no euro weapons for their massacre of civilians in yemen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaan View Post
    you are also forgetting the fact that saudi arabia has displaced over 1,000,000 civilians as well in yemen.

seems like civilian targetting to me. either way, its not their country. the vote was not even close, almost everyone in europe agrees.. saudi deserves no euro weapons for their massacre of civilians in yemen

These are not massacres, unintentionally 2000 civilians killed in 6 months big deal...!...it is the Houthian terrorists fault...taht is what happen when terrorist hide in residential places..
    Israel unintentionally killed 1200 in one month in Lebanon...
    Assad intentionally killed 300 thousands of Syrian civilians using barrels of TNT from the sky...
    but since you are a Khoumeinist fool, or should I say fooled by Khoumeinists, you will never see the difference between 250000 and 2000.
    and since you are a fooled khoumeinist, or should I say a fool khoumeinist you do not see the difference between barrels of TNT dropped deliberately on residential neighborhoods in Syria, and a bomb unintentionally dropped by mistake on residential home....
    Chemical weapons dropped on Ghouta you have already denied it was Assad....shame on you...

Take a hike Kanaan you do not make sense except that you are a blind khoumeini sympathizer, that is all....now go back to your other forum for another round of brain washing posts...
    Last edited by Kasarjian; 27-02-2016 at 07:29 AM.

5. Thanks Samaritan, LEB4CES thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Qana in 1996 ring a bell? Same style.

7. Thanks Kasarjian thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasarjian View Post
    These are not massacres, unintentionally 2000 civilians killed in 6 months big deal...!...it is the Houthian terrorists fault...taht is what happen when terrorist hide in residential places..
    Israel unintentionally killed 1200 in one month in Lebanon...
    Assad intentionally killed 300 thousands of Syrian civilians using barrels of TNT from the sky...
    but since you are a Khoumeinist fool, or should I say fooled by Khoumeinists, you will never see the difference between 250000 and 2000.
    and since you are a fooled khoumeinist, or should I say a fool khoumeinist you do not see the difference between barrels of TNT dropped deliberately on residential neighborhoods in Syria, and a bomb unintentionally dropped by mistake on residential home....
    Chemical weapons dropped on Ghouta you have already denied it was Assad....shame on you...

Take a hike Kanaan you do not make sense except that you are a blind khoumeini sympathizer, that is all....now go back to your other forum for another round of brain washing posts...
    Here we can agree that it is the long arm of Iran trying successfully to remake the middle east under Shia domination.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

9. Thanks Kasarjian thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by the way it the Houthian who caused the displacement of the almost one million Yemen....

and and by the way the UN imposed an embargo on the Houthian in April 2015 way before the Saudi intervention....

UN Security Council Resolution 2216, adopted in April last year, imposed an arms embargo only on the Huthi rebels and their allies, forces loyal to former president Ali Abdullah Saleh, it said.

http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/203380-amnesty-urges-arms-embargo-on-yemen-warring-parties

@Kanaan one of the many many reasons I call ayatollah.

11. Thanks Samaritan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasarjian View Post
    by the way it the Houthian who caused the displacement of the almost one million Yemen....

and and by the way the UN imposed an embargo on the Houthian in April 2015 way before the Saudi intervention....

UN Security Council Resolution 2216, adopted in April last year, imposed an arms embargo only on the Huthi rebels and their allies, forces loyal to former president Ali Abdullah Saleh, it said.

http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/203380-amnesty-urges-arms-embargo-on-yemen-warring-parties

@Kanaan one of the many many reasons I call ayatollah.
    Well what you are saying is that in the eyes of the EU, Houthis and Saudi Arabia are no different and both deserve an arms embargo.

I think, after the events of Paris, most in EU with knowledge would support the Houthis over Saudi Arabia- Saudi Arabia's Wahabism is responsible for the Paris massacre.

I see the tide changing against the Kingdom and the West. The West is realizing without a doubt, with no reservations, that Saudi Arabia is ISIS Arabia. No difference.

Wahabism is a death cult, just like ISIS. Saying this, means you support the real Muslims and understand that Wahabism and ISIS are not real forms of Islam.

Wahabism and Saudi Arabia are not detachable, they are 1 of the same until the Saudi regime wages war against Abdul Wahab's wicked, sick, barbaric ways.

Hothis may not be good dudes, but they were slaughtering Saudi Al Qaida and Saudi Daesh.

Since Saudi came to the rescue, with their fellow terrorist allies, Al Qaida and ISIS have flourished. In fact, the first day of the terror campaign waged against Yemen, was a double suicide bombing at a Shia mosque. I equated this incident to the "Shock N Awe" campaign led by Bush's invasion of Iraq.

The peace deal with Iran was more evidence to me, that Saudi Arabia is in for the downwards spiral.

Let's just wait for Trump to become the next President, then it's lights out for their regime. The love affair between US and Kingdom of Terror, coming to an end, soon.
    Last edited by Kanaan; 03-03-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well what you are saying is that in the eyes of the EU, Houthis and Saudi Arabia are no different and both deserve an arms embargo.

I think, after the events of Paris, most in EU with knowledge would support the Houthis over Saudi Arabia- Saudi Arabia's Wahabism is responsible for the Paris massacre.

I see the tide changing against the Kingdom and the West. The West is realizing without a doubt, with no reservations, that Saudi Arabia is ISIS Arabia. No difference.

Wahabism is a death cult, just like ISIS. Saying this, means you support the real Muslims and understand that Wahabism and ISIS are not real forms of Islam.

Wahabism and Saudi Arabia are not detachable, they are 1 of the same until the Saudi regime wages war against Abdul Wahab's wicked, sick, barbaric ways.

Hothis may not be good dudes, but they were slaughtering Saudi Al Qaida and Saudi Daesh.

Since Saudi came to the rescue, with their fellow terrorist allies, Al Qaida and ISIS have flourished. In fact, the first day of the terror campaign waged against Yemen, was a double suicide bombing at a Shia mosque. I equated this incident to the "Shock N Awe" campaign led by Bush's invasion of Iraq.

The peace deal with Iran was more evidence to me, that Saudi Arabia is in for the downwards spiral.

Let's just wait for Trump to become the next President, then it's lights out for their regime. The love affair between US and Kingdom of Terror, coming to an end, soon.

Saudi government are doing the right thing in Yemen, otherwise Yemen would have become under the Khoumeini occupation just like Lebanon is under the Khoumeini occupation at the present time.
    ISIS is created by your beloved Khoumeinis and ayatollas......The Persians brought all the problems to everyone in the Middle East...Every country is suffering from the Persians right now, hope they nuke Iran and rid the world of that Evil entity once and for all.

Who financed Hamas and their suicide bombing since the late 80s??

Wasn't Iran and your Ayatollah....stop putting the blame ion Saudi Arabia when it is your beloved Iran behind the scenes..
    Last edited by Kasarjian; 03-03-2016 at 04:20 PM.

14. Thanks Samaritan thanked for this post
    Likes Samaritan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed it is the Persians that are the biggest threat to the Middle East. True believers in Chaos rule Iran.
    Who would claim to be that, who was not.

16. Thanks Kasarjian thanked for this post