Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Saudi official says kingdom ready to send troops to Syria

Saudi official says kingdom ready to send troops to Syria

| Associated Press | February 5, 2016 at 01:38

CAIRO: A Saudi military spokesman said Thursday the kingdom is ready to send ground troops to Syria to fight Islamic State group provided coalition leaders agree during an upcoming meeting in Brussels.
    Brig. Gen. Ahmed Asiri told The Associated Press that Saudi Arabia has taken part in coalition airstrikes against IS since the U.S.-led campaign began in September 2014, but could now provide ground troops.

The United States is scheduled to convene a meeting of defense ministers from countries fighting IS in Brussels this month.

"We are determined to fight and defeat Daesh," Asiri said, using the Arabic acronym for IS. He didn't elaborate on how many troops the kingdom would send.
    Saudi Arabia is deeply involved in Yemen's civil war, where it is fighting Iranian-backed Shiite rebels. Saudi Arabia and other Gulf countries have long viewed Iran as a regional menace, and Riyadh and Tehran back opposite sides in the wars in Syria and Yemen.
    A spokesman said the U.S. State Department had no immediate comment on the issue of Saudi Arabia's involvement, but added that "in general we want members of the coalition against Daesh to look for ways to do more and to contribute more."
    Asiri's announcement came shortly after Russia said it suspects Turkey of planning a military invasion of Syria.
    Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said Thursday in a statement that the Russian military has registered "a growing number of signs of hidden preparation of the Turkish armed forces for active actions on the territory of Syria."
    He said images of a checkpoint on the Turkish-Syrian border taken in late October and late January show a buildup of transportation infrastructure that could be used for moving in troops, ammunition and weapons.
    The announcement came a day after U.N.-led peace talks in Geneva were suspended for three weeks.
    The United States blames both Syria's government and Russia for stalling the peace negotiations. Syrian government troops, backed by Russian airstrikes, have increased the pace of attacks on opposition forces in recent days as the talks faltered.
    "We believe that the airstrikes alone are not the perfect solution," Asiri said in another interview with the Dubai-based Al-Arabiya TV.

http://en.annahar.com/article/309153...roops-to-syria
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani

The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saudi Kingdom already have troops in Syria= ISIS.

3. Thanks Ali_81 thanked for this post
    Likes Kanaan, Ali_81 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saudi "elite troops" was defeated by shia militias and they are "ready" to enter syria To be bitch slapped by anyone there?? =D
    Constructio Cognitio Omnia Vincit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    Saudi Kingdom already have troops in Syria= ISIS.
    I was going to reply the same thing.

Saudi boys are ISIS. The Kingdom of Terrorism and sheer savagery already has its Wahabi Army on the ground in Syria as well as some other Islamic countries which have been destroyed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to be interesting. KSA on one side of the fence, Iran and HA on the other and all purporting to to be fighting IS.

There's also another aspect to this ... KSA fearing to lose the support of the Americans in favor of Iran.

Every one of us have been waiting to see the results of Obama's position of no boots on the ground. It's taken 5 years for KSA to step up and they are doing it in the last year of Obama's presidency. Is there a fear that Republicans will take the Whitehouse along with both houses of the government? And if they do will their threat of bomb the hell out of Syria raise a fear that KSA will lose their perceived thought of regional power?

What excuse is KSA going to use for Sunni killing Sunni?

This is going to be interesting.
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:

Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigwinnman View Post
    This is going to be interesting. KSA on one side of the fence, Iran and HA on the other and all purporting to to be fighting IS.

There's also another aspect to this ... KSA fearing to lose the support of the Americans in favor of Iran.

Every one of us have been waiting to see the results of Obama's position of no boots on the ground. It's taken 5 years for KSA to step up and they are doing it in the last year of Obama's presidency. Is there a fear that Republicans will take the Whitehouse along with both houses of the government? And if they do will their threat of bomb the hell out of Syria raise a fear that KSA will lose their perceived thought of regional power?

What excuse is KSA going to use for Sunni killing Sunni?

This is going to be interesting.
    Saudi Arabia doesn't have the abilities to bomb an armed country like Syria as they did to an impoverished nation with primitive Houthi rebels in Yemen.

The Saudis will be blown to bits by the Russians and other Russian affiliates. I hope they enter, but I believe they are too cowardly and inequpped to do so without the US backing them.

And the US will NOT back them. In fact, the US might fight the Saudis if the Republicans reclaim the Whitehouse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaan View Post
    Saudi Arabia doesn't have the abilities to bomb an armed country like Syria as they did to an impoverished nation with primitive Houthi rebels in Yemen.

The Saudis will be blown to bits by the Russians and other Russian affiliates. I hope they enter, but I believe they are too cowardly and inequpped to do so without the US backing them.

And the US will NOT back them. In fact, the US might fight the Saudis if the Republicans reclaim the Whitehouse.
    Apparently KSA has been there involved in the coalition air campaign. There are reports that KSA does not have the manpower to mount ground offensives but are capable of sending special troops and advisers.

I don't think Russia would risk attacking any area where KSA has these advisers on the ground. I don't think even Iran would risk an assault of this type. It would clearly be a Syrian/KSA problem with other actors, on both sides, taking a back seat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigwinnman View Post
    Apparently KSA has been there involved in the coalition air campaign. There are reports that KSA does not have the manpower to mount ground offensives but are capable of sending special troops and advisers.

I don't think Russia would risk attacking any area where KSA has these advisers on the ground. I don't think even Iran would risk an assault of this type. It would clearly be a Syrian/KSA problem with other actors, on both sides, taking a back seat.
    I can't find it fathomable that Saudi Arabia is offended by ISIS in Syria so much to send ground forces-- if anything, its the total opposite, Saudi Arabia is a mirror of ISIS in all ways, shapes, forms.

I think Russia and Syria and Iran are too interlinked in Syria for the Saudis to think they'd only be fighting the Syrian Arab Army. Russia is now part of the Syrian Arab Army, whatever is left of it.

Anyways, I expect Saudi forces to enter Syria if anything to support the Islamic State and other radical Muslim groups, I can't imagine them entering Syria and fighting their ideological brethren.

I don't expect the Kingdom to enter at all actually, because the only countries who will support their invasion are the barbarian Turks who are the rejects of NATO.

NATO states and European people will not support Turkish entry to Syria by means of invasion. Its clear now, that Turkey is part of the Axis of ISIS and Erdogan has few friends other then terrorists left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaan View Post
    I can't find it fathomable that Saudi Arabia is offended by ISIS in Syria so much to send ground forces-- if anything, its the total opposite, Saudi Arabia is a mirror of ISIS in all ways, shapes, forms.

I think Russia and Syria and Iran are too interlinked in Syria for the Saudis to think they'd only be fighting the Syrian Arab Army. Russia is now part of the Syrian Arab Army, whatever is left of it.

Anyways, I expect Saudi forces to enter Syria if anything to support the Islamic State and other radical Muslim groups, I can't imagine them entering Syria and fighting their ideological brethren.

I don't expect the Kingdom to enter at all actually, because the only countries who will support their invasion are the barbarian Turks who are the rejects of NATO.

NATO states and European people will not support Turkish entry to Syria by means of invasion. Its clear now, that Turkey is part of the Axis of ISIS and Erdogan has few friends other then terrorists left.
    In doctrine they are one in the same, no question about that. But IS is now exerting its influence in KSA and that threatens the power structure of KSA.

Russia is in too deep. First the Crimea and then eastern Ukraine, which is now in a stalemate. With that, home pressure began to build, the economy is in a tailspin producing protests and discontent in the general population. To combat that Putin has attempted to raise the morale of the general population by exerting outside influence through Syria. This, in itself, has created more problems for Russia. And now that it's in Syria it can't back out without losing face.

So, if KSA does enter the fray with ground troops who will they be fighting with? Should KSA decide to align with extremists then, yes, no one will back their play. But if they align themselves with those perceived to be moderates, that's a different game. But I don't believe they will be on any frontline, I think they'll be there in an advising and training role far from the frontlines.

Russia cannot afford to be seen to be opening another front against a country that wields so much influence in a region like KSA does. But what happens if they do, how will the Americans react if they do? KSA and the US have a mutual defense agreement that has been in place since 1951. Putin is not going to take the world into a true world war. So no, Russia will not show any aggression towards a KSA incursion. Maybe Iran will but not Russia.

Turkey is a whole different ballgame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let them free their own villages from the Houthi rebels! They didn't invade in Yemen with which they share border you want them to invade Syria?
    ? ? ?