User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Female UAE pilot 'leads strikes' on jihadists

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    22,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    345

    Default Female UAE pilot 'leads strikes' on jihadists

    Sep. 25, 2014 | 03:26 PM
    Female UAE pilot 'leads strikes' on jihadists




    Agence France Presse

    DUBAI: A female pilot has led United Arab Emirates air strikes that targeted ISIS jihadists in Syria as part of the U.S.-led campaign against extremists.
    Maj. Mariam al-Mansouri, 35, "led the squadron" of UAE fighter jets that participated in raids Tuesday against the extremists, an Emirati source familiar with the matter said.
    The UAE did not confirm officially that a woman was among the pilots that conducted the raids.
    Mansouri is reportedly the first female UAE pilot of a fighter jet. She graduated from Abu Dhabi's Khalifa bin Zayed Air College in 2007 and is veteran pilot of F-16 warplanes.
    Washington has said the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Jordan, took part in the strikes on ISIS, which has seized swaths of Iraq and northern Syria.
    Saudi Arabia Wednesday released photographs of eight airmen it said were involved in Tuesday's U.S.-led operations.
    One of the pilots is a son of Crown Prince Salman bin Abdul Aziz, according to Saudi newspapers.
    Mansouri's participation in the raid stirred a debate on social media networks, with supporters posting her picture on Twitter and commending her service.
    "She is taking part in crushing the dens of Daesh," wrote one woman on Twitter, using an Arabic acronym for ISIS.
    Angry Islamist sympathizers, however, slammed Mansouri's "criminal" act.
    The UAE is a largely conservative Gulf state, where female citizens wear the traditional Islamic head cover and black Abaya loose cloak.
    But authorities in the oil-rich state have made efforts to put pioneering women forward and many women have assumed top government positions.




    Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Mid...#ixzz3ELFEvgDW
    Follow us: @DailyStarLeb on Twitter | DailyStarLeb on Facebook
    "No need to say more...I, for one, do not care one iota about being politically correct, I do call it as I see it without no fear, and those who get their feeling hurt by such truth I say to them:
    " GO CRY ME A RIVER" "-Beirutilibnani


    The Right To Do Something Does Not Mean It Is Right. (William Safire)

    Every piece of this is man's bullshit. They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 'Shit, it's raining!'

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    It is tough being an Islamist these days - being bombed is bad enough, but having stuffing bombed out of you by a women ...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    5,191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    and the saudis are using one of the crown princes sons.

    goes to show you that neither UAE or KSA are democratically elected governments, their populaces did not ok involvement in this campaign.

    on paper, they are involved, but i doubt any where near the majority of people in ksa approve of their involvement.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanaan View Post
    and the saudis are using one of the crown princes sons.

    goes to show you that neither UAE or KSA are democratically elected governments, their populaces did not ok involvement in this campaign.

    on paper, they are involved, but i doubt any where near the majority of people in ksa approve of their involvement.
    Frankly speaking , What is your problem with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ?

  5. Thanks Kasarjian thanked for this post
  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cinema Dunia L Chiya7.
    Posts
    3,250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolio View Post
    Frankly speaking , What is your problem with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ?

    Leave him ya man loooooool...he caught a virus.








  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    5,191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolio View Post
    Frankly speaking , What is your problem with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ?
    @jolio @Kasarjian
    beheadings, mass arrests of christians for practising, promotion of violent and hatred via wahabism exported, gender apartheid policies, undecmoratic dictatorship, draconianism, totalatarianism, authoritarianism, barbaric sentences against people like raif beddawi, arresting women and slashing their backs for driving, the grand mufti who declared all churches must be destroyed, demanding international accommodation for their "beliefs" yet imposing intolerance and lack of rights for others (double standards) etc.

    understand my frustrations with your kingdom (islamic state-IS) now...?
    Last edited by Kanaan; 26-09-2014 at 06:58 AM.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasarjian View Post
    Leave him ya man loooooool...he caught a virus.
    You are right , many viruses !

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cinema Dunia L Chiya7.
    Posts
    3,250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanaan View Post
    @jolio @Kasarjian
    beheadings, mass arrests of christians for practising, promotion of violent and hatred via wahabism exported, gender apartheid policies, undecmoratic dictatorship, draconianism, totalatarianism, authoritarianism, barbaric sentences against people like raif beddawi, arresting women and slashing their backs for driving, the grand mufti who declared all churches must be destroyed, demanding international accommodation for their "beliefs" yet imposing intolerance and lack of rights for others (double standards) etc.

    understand my frustrations with your kingdom (islamic state-IS) now...?


    Ayatollah Kanaan, they are not meddling in my countries to create sectarianism to destabilize it like Iran and Syria have been doing for decades...frankly I do not give a sh.it about what goes on in their country...The Saudi government is a victim of Islamic terrorism also...they are not trying to displace us like the Baathi regime has been trying to do.

    I care about my existence and who is the number one danger.....the Saudi government has been a positive country who assisted all Lebanese including Shiaa and Christians after every war including the civil war....
    Iran and Syria role in Lebanon was nothing but murder....
    Last edited by Kasarjian; 26-09-2014 at 07:25 AM.








  10. Thanks lebanese1984 thanked for this post
  11. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cinema Dunia L Chiya7.
    Posts
    3,250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    108

    Default

    http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/1...ith-terrorists



    Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal, whose country has joined the U.S.-led air strikes against Islamic State group militants in Syria, said Riyadh was ready to help Lebanon if it asked for assistance in its battle against jihadists.
    In remarks carried by An Nahar newspaper on Thursday, al-Faisal said: “We have helped Lebanon to buy weapons through a $1 billion donation.”
    Asked if Saudi Arabia would help Lebanon confront the wave of terrorism that it is facing, he said: “We would do so if it asks for assistance.”
    He stated the Lebanese officials have appreciated the Saudi $1 billion grant.
    “We hope it would have a bigger impact in protecting Lebanon's security,” he added.
    The Lebanese army engaged last month in bloody gunbattles with jihadists from the al-Qaida-linked al-Nusra Front and the IS, which took with them hostages from the military and police.
    The fighters executed three of the captives and warned they would kill more hostages if the Lebanese authorities failed to meet their demands.
    Al-Faisal said Wednesday that the U.S.-led campaign against the extremists "should start by putting an end to the causes of this terrorism."
    "The regime in Syria is the cause of the appearance of ISIL," he said, adding it had created a security vacuum which had led to the group's rise.
    "Our support for the moderate opposition should not be limited to the military sphere... but should also include practical steps to weaken the Syrian regime by an economic blockade," the prince said.
    He also called on those responsible for crimes to be brought before international courts.
    "The only thing that we expect is for this regime to go," al-Faisal added.
    G.K.








  12. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    5,191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasarjian View Post
    Ayatollah Kanaan, they are not meddling in my countries to create sectarianism to destabilize it like Iran and Syria have been doing for decades...
    Does opposing Wahabism (violent barbaric ideology) make one supportive of Khomenism or Baathism?

    I've always been against the tyrannical Iranian and Syrian regimes as well.

    I also disagree: Saudi Arabia (via Wahabism) is responsible for sectarianism as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasarjian View Post
    frankly I do not give a sh.it about what goes on in their country...The Saudi government is a victim of Islamic terrorism also...they are not trying to displace us like the Baathi regime has been trying to do.
    Distinguish between the Saudi gov't and the Saudi people/Wahabism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasarjian View Post
    I care about my existence and who is the number one danger.....the Saudi government has been a positive country who assisted all Lebanese including Shiaa and Christians after every war including the civil war....
    Iran and Syria role in Lebanon was nothing but murder....
    The Saudi gov't is a puppet dictatorship installed by US and Britain. They don't rep the true Saudi/Wahabi people.

    So love them all you want, only the dictatorship supports you... the actual Saudi people probably mostly support ISIS.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •